Legend of Kyrandia enhanced audio

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

It took a while but I managed to set up my own psp build yesterday. Hand of Fate still crashes at the end of the intro but otherwise it seems stable now so I assume lordhoto fixed the problem. Rather than keep posting links, I've put a very basic webpage with everything on it at http://pix.www.idnet.com - if anyone wants it, you can download the psp eboot from there.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Pix2 wrote:It took a while but I managed to set up my own psp build yesterday. Hand of Fate still crashes at the end of the intro but otherwise it seems stable now so I assume lordhoto fixed the problem. Rather than keep posting links, I've put a very basic webpage with everything on it at http://pix.www.idnet.com - if anyone wants it, you can download the psp eboot from there.
Albeit posting bug reports at all is nice (and thanks this time), I would've prefer the way according to our Forum rules... it would be also nice to know the specific place where the intro crashes.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I wasn't attempting to post a bug report as such. I've rearranged my memory card a bit since and its now working perfectly, even though it was crashing every time before and I'm using the same build. Its probably just my PSP acting up.

For what its worth, it was crashing when it should have been going back to the main menu after the intro. In an older build from a few days before, I saw something similar on pc where when it went back to the main menu after the intro, the text which should have read introduction was garbled (the other options were ok) and when I selected start game it crashed.
trondah

Post by trondah »

So, any chance of getting this upstream?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

trondah wrote:So, any chance of getting this upstream?
Nope: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418822
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Hi everyone!

Props for this build of SCUMMVM (especially for the PSP version since that's the platform i simply love to use SCUMMVM on).

It's SO MUCH BETTER. The songs are beautiful!

Yes, the voices do load with a slight delay, but nothing really annoying.

PROTIP: Use CWCHEAT in scummvm to set the CPU to 333mhz to speed things up a little bit. And google fatmsmod for memstick speed up. The single eboot on CFW kernel seems to work faster as well.

Question to Pix - is the version you compiled the latest?

Are there going to be any other updates? Both regarding the OSTs and scummvm build?

Once again, thank you all very, very much!
Last edited by Jinx1337 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Oh dear, have I just found a nasty, nasty bug?

I can't seem to save the game correctly. The game saves, but neither save appears on the list when I try to load the game!

If I use the official 0.12.0 (with its own Kyra.dat, since they're both incompatibile) all the saved games magically show up.

edit:

Oh, and it happens in both versions - Windows's and PSP's.

edit2:

Ok, I've read into the problem. Found out that pre-official snapshot of 0.12.0 didn't support GUI saving in Kyrandia. It's semi-fine using the Windows version since you can use hotkeys (CTRL+1,2,3... for loading the game and ALT+* for the opposite).

But you can't really use these short-cuts on the PSP now, can you? :(

PIX, would it be possible for you to update the official 0.12.0 with your patch?

And yes, it's a bitch that EA responded negatively to your plea. As if they capitalized on this game today anyway...
This way, your awesome fix could be incorporated for good.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I've not looked at this in months and the version on my website is very out of date. There was a problem with the PSP build in SVN last time I attempted to build it and I was always having to update the code as the engine was developed so I figured I'd wait until we got a new release before I did anything else.

Since V12 is out, I'll have a go at updating it (probably this weekend). I've got a new pc since the last time I worked on this so I'll have to setup up the psp development environment again which will probably take a lot longer than anything else.

--EDIT--
Its finished and available to download in the usual place.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Thank you! Thank you very, very much!

edit:

Awesome! There's virtually no delays with speech when using your DIGITAL MIDI REPLACEMENT patch in this newer version. Even on 222mhz.

Great! Thank you one more time :)

edit2:

Just noticed you set your PSP build to 333mhz by defualt. Not a problem to me, since I always use CWCheat for custom values ( " -1 " Clock value is automatic btw, dependable on the framerate. Pretty useful for battery saving and efficiency).
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

So what do we need to do to dl a version for Windows? I have the talkie versoin Windows. thanks

i tried some of the links and all i saw was code, not a download. havent tried the site yet as it was a while ago. thanks.
clem

Post by clem »

CrisGer wrote:So what do we need to do to dl a version for Windows? I have the talkie versoin Windows. thanks

i tried some of the links and all i saw was code, not a download. havent tried the site yet as it was a while ago. thanks.
LordHoto wrote:
trondah wrote:So, any chance of getting this upstream?
Nope: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418822
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

Ah, ok i see EA is not giving permission. Ok thanks. End of story.