Error with the Tools

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mud

Error with the Tools

Post by Mud »

OK, I got ScummVM up and running on my Macintosh, but then I got the sudden urge to play it on my iPod Touch. As the games take up quite a lot of space (For an iPhone/iPod Touch), I decided to compress it. Realizing that I had to decompress the games (As I had "single file" Mac games), I downloaded the tools. In the ReadMe for the tools it says, "Example of usage: extract_scumm_mac <file>", so naturally when using the Terminal, I would type this:

Code: Select all

/Applications/ScummVM/tools/extract_scumm_mac "Sam & Max Data"
However, after doing so, I get this message:

ERROR&#58; Could not open 'Sam & Max Data'.!
So what have I done wrong? (I wasn't quite sure where this topic would go, but I think that Help and Support was a better place to put it than the iPhone port forum)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I'm not quite sure, but is the file you are trying to extract data from in the toolsfolder?
Mud

Post by Mud »

^^^

Yes, it is in the tools folder.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

then I don't know. maybe the tools can't handle "&" symbols.
Mud

Post by Mud »

:( I don't think so... I just tried it with the Dig and it came up with the same error. I have a Windows XP, so I'll try doing it on that.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you try "unhiding" them? I assume so since you put it in the tools folder. I'm not sure if that should cause a problem though.
Schnaks

Re: Error with the Tools

Post by Schnaks »

Mud wrote:

/Applications/ScummVM/tools/extract_scumm_mac "Sam & Max Data"
Try

cd /Applications/ScummVM/tools && ./extract_scumm_mac "Sam & Max Data"
or

/Applications/ScummVM/tools/extract_scumm_mac "/Applications/ScummVM/tools/Sam & Max Data"
So what have I done wrong?
The extract tool was looking for a file named "Sam & Max Data" in your current working directory – which was not /Applications/ScummVM/tools, but whatever directory you where in as you executed your command.
Mud

Re: Error with the Tools

Post by Mud »

Schnaks wrote:Try

cd /Applications/ScummVM/tools && ./extract_scumm_mac "Sam & Max Data"
or

/Applications/ScummVM/tools/extract_scumm_mac "/Applications/ScummVM/tools/Sam & Max Data"
Thanks! Worked perfectly.
Schnaks wrote:The extract tool was looking for a file named "Sam & Max Data" in your current working directory – which was not /Applications/ScummVM/tools, but whatever directory you where in as you executed your command.
Ah, OK. A quick question, when I was compressing monster.sou, I noticed it said, "If a parameter is not given the default value is used." However, when I don't give a parameter it says:

Voice file found &#40;pos = 8&#41; &#58; Sound Data
 - length = 64512
 - sample rate = 22050 &#40;d3&#41;
 - compression = 8bits &#40;00&#41;
sh&#58; lame&#58; command not found
Got error from encoder. &#40;check your parameters&#41;
Encoder Commandline&#58; lame -t -r --bitwidth 8 -m m -s 22050 --vbr-new -b 24 --resample 22050 -q 2 -V 4 -B 64 "tempfile.raw" "tempfile.mp3"
Just in case you need it, here's the code I'm using:

/Applications/ScummVM/tools/compress_scumm_sou "/Applications/ScummVM/Sam & Max/monster.sou"