Future Wars on OSX -> no saving?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ovvldc

Future Wars on OSX -> no saving?

Post by ovvldc »

Dear ScummVM,

I was trying to play Future Wars yesterday with the new and shiny v0.12 on OSX 10.4.11, and I found that none of the F5, alt 0-9 and ctrl 0-9 seemed to do anything for loading and saving in Future Wars. I think F5 gave me the operate command, like the manual said.

Is this something anyone else has observed? Would you have any way around this?

I am also wondering if it is possible to use something other than function keys for ScummVM and/or game commands, because the function keys are double-use on my laptop.

Best wishes,
Oscar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Future Wars on OSX -> no saving?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ovvldc wrote: Is this something anyone else has observed? Would you have any way around this?
Pressing both mouse buttons should bring up a system menu, but do Macs in general have two-button mice? (Most of my Macintosh knowledge comes from 80'ies.) I think there's a keyboard shortcut as well, but if so it should be mentioned in the game's manual.
ovvldc

Re: Future Wars on OSX -> no saving?

Post by ovvldc »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Pressing both mouse buttons should bring up a system menu, but do Macs in general have two-button mice? (Most of my Macintosh knowledge comes from 80'ies.) I think there's a keyboard shortcut as well, but if so it should be mentioned in the game's manual.
You can get mice with any number of buttons, but my trackpad only has one button :). I think the manual said 'escape' was the menu button, but that didn't work.

Thanks, I will try this when I got home.

Best wishes,
Oscar
ovvldc

Post by ovvldc »

I didn't find another keyboard shortcut in the manual, but the two-button click works.

I can play now :). I hope the global shortcuts can still be fixed in a future version.

Thanks,
Oscar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ovvldc wrote:I didn't find another keyboard shortcut in the manual, but the two-button click works.
F10 works for me. My manual calls it the "Use" menu.