Drascula subtitled

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

noize

Drascula subtitled

Post by noize »

Is it possible to have under the spanish version of Drascula english text?

I saw drascula.dat contains different languages of text, but when I select a different language (english) in ScummVM menu for this game, the console notices me that the version is not recognized and exits.
noize

Post by noize »

I saw you guys released it as freeware. Great! That version supports two spoken language, and five written languages, so let me rephrase the question:

Right now you get spoken english with every chosen language except spanish, and it's impossible the get the spanish dub in combination with other subtitles.

Is it possible to choose the spoken language as well as choosing the subtitles? So for example:
Spoken spanish, and written english.
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

noize wrote:Is it possible to choose the spoken language as well as choosing the subtitles? So for example:
Spoken spanish, and written english.
It is possible, I'm not sure if this is the easiest way to do it, but here's how I did it:

Download the drascula-1.0.zip, unzip it, then extract the PACKET.001 archive files into an empty folder (name the folder whatever you like).

Download the drascula-int-1.0.zip, unzip it, then extract the PACKET.004 archive files into another empty folder (again, name it whatever you like).

I use XP, so I searched the folder where PACKET.004 was extracted to, selecting all files and folders named *.ALS (Drascula speech files), after the search finished, selected all the files, then cut and pasted them into the folder where PACKET.001 was extracted to, selecting to overwrite all.

When you start ScummVM, add the game from the folder where PACKET.001 was extracted, it will be listed as English but the speech will be Spanish with English subtitles.
noize

Post by noize »

Perfecto! It works! I tried to mess with the file, but didn't think of this solution.

Muchos gracias amigo.