ScummVM 0.12.0 " " was released

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

ScummVM 0.12.0 " " was released

Post by clone2727 »

We can call it a tremendous development. Half a year since 0.11.1 passed pretty quickly, and we are pleased to announce the release of 0.12.0!

This new version of ScummVM adds support for 5 completely new games. The games that now run smoothly on many more platforms than was initially intended are: The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two: Hand of Fate, The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge, Lost in Time, The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble and Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back.

The number of supported platforms grew as well. The PS2 port has been revived, and the GameCube and Wii are now supported too. Take your Wiimote and make your beloved adventure game protagonist run around the screen :).

No need to go any further into details here, those who want to know the gory details can always refer to the release notes, and all of you are invited to go to our downloads page.

P.S. Soon, pretty soon, look out for more news from us.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Congratulations for your work :D !
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

Congratulations and a million thanks to all involved with 0.12.0. I've been waiting years to replay Malcolm's Revenge, which I could never get to work properly with DOSBox. Your work is incredibly appreciated!
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Excellent! Just one question. When will it be apt-get-able with Debian/Ubuntu? Right now it still has 0.11.1.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Congratulations on another well-baked release!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

That depends on the Debian folks. We can't give any estimate, but hope that it will be soon. But again, it's not under our direct control.
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

Congrats to all the team ! Keep up the good work !
MusicallyInspired

How hard would it be to just add a downloadable Debian package to the downloads section?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

MusicallyInspired wrote:How hard would it be to just add a downloadable Debian package to the downloads section?
It would be trivial. If we had one, I mean. :)
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

For Ubuntu anyway, Launchpad has a custom repository feature you could try... I'm not sure exactly how it works because it was explained in Canonical's corporate news style way and I couldn't be bothered to read it.

Ohh it was good when they just had news saying "We released Ubuntu x.10" or "There's a new feature called 'feature x'"...
MusicallyInspired

Would anyone know how long it usually takes for stuff like this to get on the Ubuntu repositories?
raina

Post by raina »

When we released the latest MilkyTracker, we were told it takes a couple of weeks for a package to appear in Debian, which is where Ubuntu gets its own. So another week or so for that. (But we had lousy luck and both stages were delayed.)
toology

Post by toology »

You can get an Ubuntu package of the new version in x86 and amd64 at http://www.getdeb.net/ !
MusicallyInspired

Ah perfect. Thank you!
Cpt. Ketchup

Post by Cpt. Ketchup »

I just registered to thank the crew for reviving the joy I had playing the Lucasarts games during my youth.
We just moved and while putting all our possessions into boxes, I stumbled upon the old Monkey Island games (Disks? Long time no see!) and sighed out of pure melancholy.

I blew the dust off the boxes and reinstalled them after all those years, but I couldn't get them to work. And then I found scummVM. I salute you, my heroes! :D