cannon fodder?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jread

cannon fodder?

Post by jread »

Does anyone know if the original Cannon Fodder or Lemmings are freeware? If so, would it be possible to use scummVM to emulate them?

sorry if this is very n00bish...im still trying to get my head around all this stuff!

awesome work to the coders btw...love scummVM! :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: cannon fodder?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jread wrote:Does anyone know if the original Cannon Fodder or Lemmings are freeware?
Not that I know of. Liberated Games tries to keep track of former commercial games that have turned freeware, and I don't see them there.
jread wrote: If so, would it be possible to use scummVM to emulate them?
No. For one thing, they appear to be outside the scope of ScummVM, which is focused on point-and-click adventures. For another, ScummVM is not an emulator in the sense that, say, DOSbox is. ScummVM is a collection of rather specific game engines. Any game that doesn't use one of these engines has about as good a chance of running in ScummVM as Microsoft Excel has of running inside Quake.

Since these game engines were usually developed in-house originally, even a game which looks similar to a supported game, but which comes from a different company, is likely to be very different internally. They may share some similar concepts, because it's the natural way of doing things, but still be completely different.
clem

Post by clem »

I googled for a Lemmings engine and was surprised to see a number of them already in existence - weird that that's apparently not widely known.

http://rebui.ld.net.au/software/tundra

There also seems to be a re-creation of Lemmings for the DS, but I'm reluctant to link to it as it seems to come with all the levels/gfx of the original version.
manias

Post by manias »

there is a DS homebrew version of lemmings, but it has nothing to do with scummvm. scummvm is for pc adventures only. move on to google ;)
jread

Post by jread »

kk thanks for the replies and info tho guys, I will hunt further afield...man i would love cannon fodder on my ds! :)
Scandal_UK

Post by Scandal_UK »

LemmingsDS works very well and has all of the levels from Lemmings and the add-ons.

I can't get it to work on my G6DS anymore but it works fine on my G6 Lite.

ScummVM DS is based on ScummVM for PC - if it isn't available for that then this is the wrong emulator!

Edit:
Cannon Fodder was on GBC and can be played on most carts - it is a good version. The snes version is one of the few roms that won't run at all in SnemulDS or SnesDS, unfortunately.