no keymapping option bug (htc magician)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

slajerek

no keymapping option bug (htc magician)

Post by slajerek »

as others probably said before, on my device HTC Magician (Qtek100) there's no "key mapping" option in the menu. looks like terrible bug for me. should I recompile sources and find where it is or developers are planning hot-fix soon?
slajerek

Post by slajerek »

ok, here's simple walkaround:
download version 0.7.1, set keys, and then start 0.8.0 version of pocket scummVM. worked for me.
ArpO

Post by ArpO »

i tried 1st to set keys with 0.71 but it crashed so hard that i needed to hard-reset my dell axim x51v.
so every game needed keyboard is NOT PLAYABLE on my pda :(
yS

Post by yS »

If you have Sam & Max try to load it. When I first ran it the key mapping menu appeared at game start (only first time).
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

OK so if I get it straight, it would be cool if we had in the icon bar:

1) An "onscreen keyboard" display/hide icon
2) A "bind keys" menu icon

I can try to work something out on this.

Kostas
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

@knakos: Yes, that would be really great. Maybe you can provide it like a patch in order to have it in all PocketScumm Versions, not only in "your" PocketPC 2002 Version (really good job btw).

BTW: Have you tried to compile an actual CVS Version for PocketPC? Maybe I have some time in the near future and could give it a try. Therefore I want to know, if you had to solve special problems. Maybe I can also create Visual Studio 2005 Projects for PocketScumm and the required libraires, if needed. Are you using the libs and patches from arismes Web Page or have you created your own ones?
Since I have just ordered my Windows Mobile 5 Upgrade for Axim X50v it could be interesting to have a closer look in the WM5 and/or Visual Studio 2005 issues.

best regards

Frank
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hi Frank,

It is not my intention to fork from the current sources and create a seperate, tweaked scummvm. I'll write some proper code and try to get it integrated into the main source tree (with Arisme's and Eugene's permission of course).

Kostas
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hi All,

Good news! Download scummvm_PPC2002_2006_01_08.zip and you'll get the following features:

1) Double-tapping near the top of the screen rotates the panel through three modes: a) Normal, b) Keyboard, c) Off

2) Addition of an icon in the panel which brings up the key configuration menu.

As usual, it's built for 2002 devices but should run on newer ones too.

Feedback is welcome,
Kostas
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

it works in general on my Axim X50v (VGA device) with WM5 Upgrade, but the Key Mapping button has "kicked out" the Menu Button. Therfore I cant call the menu and have o map keys for saveing games or quit the games. It happens for VGA and QVGA Games.

best regards

Frank
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hmm, not enough room in the menu bar... I'll get on it. I'm debugging with gobliiins, so I suppose if I try MI1, it should behave as you describe.

Thanks Frank.

[EDIT]

Yeah, it was one of those hardcoded values I couldn't figure out. Well, I updated the zip in the link above. Furthermore, I managed to cram all icons in the panel (I think) and still looks kinda nice. Give it a go.

Kostas
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

yeah, thats it. On an Axim X50v (WM5) it looks and works great!

good job.

best regards

Frank
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

That's good Frank. I didn't expect to see it run in WM5 devices.

PS. Check your PMs Frank.