usbd.irx thingy

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cpt. wesker

usbd.irx thingy

Post by cpt. wesker »

great job! i was using a 3rd party iso generating tool and it works nice, both on cd and dvd, i'm suprised that in this stage of it, it works close to perfect
it would be really nice if the next version wouldn't need a usb keyboard and mouse while adding the usbd.irx file. i don't know, but i consider that this is not needed for the final version, and the GUI would require some improvement (the whole feeling is strange), and the tv system would need to be worked on a little more (i don't have any problem since i have pal, but this autodetection system is not relayable) :roll:

i wish you all luck for the next version, thx :wink:
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Well, you don't really *need* a usb mouse. But I think that playing Scumm games with a mouse works better than playing them with a gamepad.
A virtual keyboard will come sooner or later... let's see when I have the time to take care about it...

what's the problem with the autodetection? It should work fine now.
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

My ScummVM doesn't work with the USBD.IRX file, it loads and loads and loads and nothing happens. Without the file it starts in a sec... using PS2 Port RC 2; will this be fixed?
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

No, not really...
It means that your USBD version is not compatible to the free PS2SDK.
Apparently there're a lot of USBD versions around and older ones work fine and laters ones crash :-/
I wasn't aware of that problem and I don't think I can fix it either.
So I guess the only way for you would be to try and find an older version of it.

MacBoehm said in the Release Candiate Thread:
MacBoehm wrote: About my previous problem:

I figured out that it was the USBD.IRX which caused the problem.

On my first attempt I used an old version (24kb) which worked fine on my CDR-RC1-Disc. On the DVDRW RC2 I used a newer version (36kb GT4 I think) which didn't work.

Replacing the file solved my problem. It is running fine now.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Probably you could put acceptable file dates/sizes/md5s on Wiki and direct users there?

Eugene
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

So far, I didn't even know that there're some versions which don't work with the free SDK.
I'll have to collect some info on the causes and possible solutions. Afterwards I'll decide :)
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

don't want to be a pain in the ass, but why at least don't you name some of the version and from where, which size are the files and all that

thanks in advance
Shadoph

Post by Shadoph »

Here you go! Just rename the "npm-usbd.irx" file to "usbd.irx" and you're set.

http://naplink.napalm-x.com/naplink-ps2-v1.0.1a.zip
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

no, you missed the point or partialy missed it, i have got the right version at least a month and a half ago, but i can't stand this omission, the list would be great and the thing you just sent Shadoph is with questionable legality (the ps2 port makers would include it, it is only a couple of dozens of kilobytes and those naplink guys look warezy), at the begining of the post i had MacBoehm's problem but i solved it replacing it with a different version, a list is needed soon

npm-usbd.irx, Size: 24.176 bytes, MD5: 9B1E057DE2FF545238AB620B59D681AE, Modified: 7th December 2001 04:14:16
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

Can I use any usb pc mouse???????
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Yes.
I have a Logitech MX 500, which _doesn't_ work with the PS2 for some reason. But normally, they should all work fine.
weirdzod

Post by weirdzod »

ok, thanks!!!
You're God!!