eScummVm extracted with UnMakeSis and configuration file...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

inter981

eScummVm extracted with UnMakeSis and configuration file...

Post by inter981 »

I had to extract the files with UNMAKESIS.EXE to make eScummVM working in a classic N-Gage (as i wrote in another post).

i copied all the files to the MMC; i launched eScummVM and laded a game...

after playing the game, (with the path of the game stored, and keyboard remapped), i quit the emulator.

When i re-launch the emulator, i have to store all the paths and remap again the keyboard... It doesn't save the CHANGES in the config file !!!.

Which one is the ini file? Have i to store all the scummvm folder in the C: disk ? or only the ini file?

can anybody help me ?
jg

Post by jg »

On my 6680 (S60 2.6), I installed EScummVM on E. However, it creates some system files on C. More specifically, in C:\documents\EScummVM\.

Here's a list:
  • .placeholder
  • scummvm.ini
  • scummvm.stderr.txt
  • scummvm.stdout.txt
The last two are probably generated during execution, but you probably need the INI-file there, since that seems to be the problem you're experiencing. That INI-file holds all my game paths and settings.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

You just need

Post by Anotherguest »

to create the c:\documents\escummvm for it to work if you are not using the installer.
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

This info has been added to the FAQ @ http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ

I assume this problem will also be solveable by installing one of the reduced-feature builds we will be releasing shortly. Stay tuned!

cheerio,
SW
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

how can I run scummvm on 6680? It crashes upon start!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

What version are you trying to run? The 0.9.1 version should run! (last version available for 6680/S60v2)
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:What version are you trying to run? The 0.9.1 version should run! (last version available for 6680/S60v2)
never mind, THIS morning it works! :shock:
The only changs I did were:
- turn off the phone this night
- launch Scummvm --> crash
- create e:\documents\escummvm
- launch ScummVm ---> OK
- close ScummVM
- delete e:\documents\escummvm
- launch ScummVm ---> OK :shock: :?:

No log files were in deleted folder, neither in c:\documents (scummvm is installed in E:)

I'll test some game to see if they work.

edit:
ok, it works fine! :D
thanks a lot, great program!

I just hope I'll find an option to change screen orientation, as I am not left-handed. :wink: