SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thanks for the testing. I know The DIG is not working as it should, like keypresses when it should n't.

I have a 6gb memorycard, and around 1gb left right now. But 1gb COMI was really worth it. Now I can start playtesting broken sword also.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

CMI runs fine on my P1i (UIQ3), including speech and music (both compressed) and cutscenes.

The only thing that might be a bit better is ScummVM's in-game menu. Because of the scaling it's very hard to read. I assume it involves too much re-coding to use the menu from the lower-res games, right?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Panning around is one thing abit hard on the P1i, center, jog dial up and down should work some what.

Tap control button, then 's' to toggle stretching.
Keys for keyboard based devices are
'f' = Flip in Landscape
'i' = Change input
's' = Stretch
'p' = Toggle Portrait/Landscape
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Actually CMI, BS1 and BS2 should work fine on these devices
Sony Ericsson - These models are UIQ3 128 MB models
- P1i
- W960
- G700
- G900

Nokia - These phones has >260 MHZ memory and >40 mb free
- N95 8Gb
- 6220 Classic
- E71
- E66
- E51
- N81 (8Gb)
- N82
- E90 Communicator
- N76
- N78
- N96 (But abit slow, only 264 MHZ)
Last edited by Anotherguest on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
murgo

Post by murgo »

Hi,

nice to see there's some improvements for the E71 (not E71i like the last post says, afaik there's no such thing as e71i, only e61i), though they don't seem to work correctly.

On my E71 latest stable used to work pretty awkwardly when you were not used to it, especially when you tried to change settings (first green key, then hold down the 'fn' key and press r/1 key to change input mode, for example). Also it was a pain to go to menus in AGI games, as you had to change input mode to get there and then change input mode to switch back to text mode if I recall correctly.

But now with the latest version, the ctrl and "fn" (or whatever, bottom left button) keys flash a red or yellow "F" in the upper left screen, and I think it's supposed to change from numpad to keyboard, but it doesn't seem to work. There's no way to type numbers any more, it prints only letters and it's not dependant whether the 'F' is red or yellow.

Also when running Sam & Max, the keyboard seems to work fine, I can press i for inventory and p for pick-up etc. but I can't get to menu. With the latest stable I was able to hold phone's ctrl or fn key and press t to get to menu, but it doesn't work with the latest beta, as the ctrl key just switches the 'F' mode. So I can't even quit the game. Intrestingly enough, if I go to ctrl-mode (green key) and want to rotate screen for example, then the fn+number works (press green, hold ctrl, press t for number two). If there's another way to get into menus, consider adding it to Wiki (or then maybe I just didn't look well enough, couldn't find anything related to in-game menus in the symbian portion of the wiki).

Sorry if I'm not being too clear about what I mean, I'd be happy to test more and answer any questions about this.

Oh, and with the latest stable I noticed that in Sam & Max the restaurant-rotation-thingy at the Largest Twine of the World doesn't work correctly, it loops back to beginning around midway of the rotation cycle, so I can't find the landmarks. Could be that my data files are corrupted or something, I'll test it more later.

Anyway, really, really great work with the ScummVM Symbian port, probably the best app there is to symbian phone. And it's very nice to play Police Quest and King's Quest with the E71 and its landscape screen and QWERTY-keyboard. :)

EDIT: Fixed some grammar.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It seems like the E71 does NOT need the FN mapping as its needed for the E61i. So where as it works fine for the E61i it just screws things up for the E71. hmm.. Not really sure how to handle that.
Halo2

Wrong Scaling

Post by Halo2 »

For the Curse of Monkey Island I can say that scaling is done wrong (at least) on the P1i.
I'm only able to see about the top left quarter of the screen.
This worked fine on previous versions (till 0.11).
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

COMI has never worked before this version, 0.11 was only showing black. To get the scaling to show the whole screen, tap controlbutton, then 's' for stretch/no stretch.

For E71, please reconfigure shortcut key for save in Options->Paths->keys , that is currently set to '*' you should set it to any other key.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Okay, it was stupid that I posted it in that old COMI-thread, so here goes again:

Any chance of implementing "stretch" (to 100%) in landscape-mode as well?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Stretch (1-1) is only available in landscape flipped mode, well I was a bit lazy I guess. :-) So 'f' should give you a landscape 1-1 if you only have black. Might not agree with your keysettings though (left or right keyboard mode)
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Ah, I see :wink:

If it's not too much work, you might consider adding it to the unflipped mode as well :P
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Its only another function.. and some coordinate scrambling. :-) So not too hard.. Just have to be done. :-)
Halo2

Stretching

Post by Halo2 »

Okay, I will try the stretch thing.
But I definitely got more than a black screen on the P1i in comi with the versions before 0.12, and they were full screen and scaled as they should be. The whole intro (and the beginning of the game) were working so.
So it would be very nice if the standard setting on start will again be fullscreen.
But it's already very very nice that the game doesn't crash after the intro.. .
Halo2

Stre

Post by Halo2 »

You were absolutely right - control button and s - toggled stretching and "resolved" the black screen issue.

I tried the pre 0.12 now which started in landscape mode and without switching the stretch mode it displayed only black.
In portrait mode (in which 080805 started?) the screen is displayed instead of black, so then just needs the correct stretch setting (and a switch to landscape mode ;-)).
starkmjolk

Post by starkmjolk »

COMI works great on my Nokia E90 with pre 0.12. Great work everyone who has helped out, it is very appreciated!

I think I see a flaw that should be fixed though, when scaling on the internal screen, it does not strech correctly. It fills the full widescreen with wrong aspect and some black lines.

Already playable and all the memories are coming back. Once again, a very big thank you to the scummvm devs!