Savegame files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Javi-Wan Kenobi

Savegame files

Post by Javi-Wan Kenobi »

What's the name for the savegame files for the games Touche, Drascula and IHNM? What's the default path for savegames?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

In almost all game engines (with some exceptions), the saved game names are of the format:
gameid.slot

The slot might contain a letter too

e.g. ihnm.s01, touche.s05 etc

So they should be something like: touche.*, drascula.* and ihnm.*
Javi-Wan Kenobi

Well, I've made a test and the savegame files when you put a custom saves path (C:/saves) in all three games are:
touche-es.0
ihnm-es.s00
drascula-es.epa
drascula-es01

But these are only the test saves, not the saves I want.

So, where are these files stored when you have the saves path configured as Default? I can't find any of them in my hard disk.
The game paths are:
C:/touche/DATABASE (Where the only file is touche.dat)
C:/drascula (There are some files that could be what I'm looking for: saves.epa and gsave01 to gsave10
H:/ (CD-ROM drive, IHNM CD-ROM disk, no chance to write save files in there)
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

the default path is usually where scummvm is placed so for example if you installed scummvm to C:\Program Files\Scummvm (this is the default path if you used the daily snapshot) all your save files would be there by default but this can also be changed by going to options on the main menu of scummvm.
Javi-Wan Kenobi

I'm using Vista, maybe it makes some difference from other OS's
ScummVM is placed in C:/Program Files/ScummVM, but there's no save files in there.
Also, the scummvm.ini file is placed in C:/Users/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/ScummVM, but there's no save files in there either.
In Options, Save Path is set to None, and the Save Path is set to Default in each especific game

EDIT: Finally, I've found the path. Is C:/Users/[Username]/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/ScummVM
Not that easy at all...