Kyra.dat troubles on scumm beta test version 0.12.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Luminious

Kyra.dat troubles on scumm beta test version 0.12.0

Post by Luminious »

Hello!

** I am referring to the DS build and not the PC build. **

I am currently attempting to test Hands of Fate and Kyrandia 3 Malcolms revenge on my ((DS)). I seem to be having troubles with the Kyra.dat file though. It says " Your 'Kyra.dat' file is missing an 'Index.k2'entry, re(get) a correction version from the ScummVM website.

I got message with old Kyra.dat file saying you have version 17 and you need 28

This occurs when running Kyrandia 2 and 3. I used the same Kyra.dat under the download section which I mainly used for Kyrandia 1.

Is there another version of Kyra.dat that I am just not finding? *** again , for the DS and not PC ***

Update: I had attempted I believe the new version of Kyra.dat (234.KB file) but I think that may be for PC and not meant for DS. Or is it? Anyhow it gave me a message saying "You have version 31 and version 28 is needed."

very confusing now that multiple versions are out and also cross platform

Just a suggestion though, may be a good time to rename that Kyra.dat file to something less confusing since multiple versions are now out and the only way to tell the difference is by the file size or actually running it.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yes, it is very confusing. The final relase of 0.12.0 will contain these files inside the archive so there is no confusion on which one to use.

The kyra.dat you should use is this one:
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... sion=33159
Luminious

excellent

Post by Luminious »

thank you for your help! that seem to load it up on both hof and malcolm revenge. The notes are correct though, it is slow and mouse seems to not be responsive to the options. Where may I post my results for this beta test at? I'd be happy to give my input and test these games for further research.

- Alan V
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Just post your findings in this thread. Unfortunately, the Kyrandia games hit the slow disk access on the DS quite hard, and I'm not sure if there's time to address this before release, although this will almost certainly be fixed eventually. The slow loading also makes the game unresponsive.