Thank you all!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ducklord

Thank you all!

Post by Ducklord »

Hello, I stumbled upon this website a few days ago and I just wanted to thank you all since not only am I overjoyed to be able to replay my old adventure games without having to tweak DosBox; but your forum also has much interesting information about some games and it even helped me get 1000 IQ points in Fate of Atlantis!

After browsing through your forums a little, I found links to Ma5terViking's YouTube videos. After learning that defeating Hans, Arnold and Fritz was possible and not as insanely difficult as some people say, I tried it and succeeded surprisingly quickly (admittedly I used DosBox for that part, as it appears ScummVM can affect fights). I was still missing 8 points, though, so I checked the walkthrough at mixnmojo.com and noticed that I had missed two things - I hadn't thrown the lump of coal at the book (Barnett College), and I had also forgotten to eat the sandwich in front of the guard (Submarine, Wits Path; and you have to learn about the guard's hunger before eating the sandwich in front of him, otherwise it won't work). Then I finally got the 1000 points. Unlike what some websites say, it appears you get no special congratulations whatsoever.

Some things that some of you may have missed :

1) Try giving (as in, literally) Sophia to the knifethrower (Team path)
2) Speak to Sophia on the screen with the balloon's guard... (Team path)
3) Have the balloon land somewhere in the desert and look at it. (Fists path, but it should work with the Team path)
4) Look at the camel several times in the desert. (Wits and Fists path)
5) When you are in the water trying to find the entrance to Atlantis, just wait until Indy runs out of air - he'll die, but you'll get a Monkey Island reference.

And thanks again to the team for making ScummVM - it's a lot easier to use than DosBox, and it also seems to be less resource-consuming.