How to link an Icon directly to a game without starting SVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

S_Hut

How to link an Icon directly to a game without starting SVM

Post by S_Hut »

Hi everybody!
Does anybody know how I can tell ScummVM to start a specific game "without starting" the prog thus over an Icon?
For example something like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ScummVM\scummvm.exe /run 'sword1'"

Actually this example doesn't work but if someone knows how or if it works than pls post it! I konw using ScummVM-Game-Explorer doesn't take much time but I recently found some cool Icons for those games and I'd like to use them. :D
Thanks!!!
clem

Post by clem »

have you tried reading the README?
or running scummvm --help from the commandline might help, too
S_Hut

Post by S_Hut »

I read the Command Line Options but it doesn't work, Windows replies the target is invalid...
I have to get the path of scummvm.exe then [Options] game path [GameID]
So for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ScummVM\scummvm.exe -f -pD:\Games\Floyd\ feeble"

Is "feeble" the correct GameID for "The Feeble Files"? Or can I get information from the README, too because I found nothing about the GameID's.
clem

Post by clem »

S_Hut wrote: Is "feeble" the correct GameID for "The Feeble Files"? Or can I get information from the README, too because I found nothing about the GameID's.
Game ID is an arbitrary string; you can find out the game id for a game by opening the launcher, selecting the game and clicking "edit game" - ID is the topmost line

Since the game data path is stored with the entry in the ini file, you will not need to provide a path; for my kyra1 german CD version, the command to run it is:

scummvm -f kyra1-cd-DE
S_Hut

Post by S_Hut »

The game ID is "feeble-win-de" so it's:

scummvm -f feeble-win-de
-> "C:\Program Files (x86)\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" -f feeble-win-de"

Yes it worked! :D Thank you very much!!! Now I can use the Icons. Great!
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

The problem is the usual snafu of the inexperienced, do not put the switches inside the "s that's only for the program name.

"C:\program files\scummvm\scummvm.exe" --game_id is correct and will work.
clem

Post by clem »

Ceri Cat wrote:The problem is the usual snafu of the inexperienced, do not put the switches inside the "s that's only for the program name.
No.
The problem was at first that he tried it with a random /run parameter, and the second time with an ID that did not match the ID in his scummvm.ini