SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm strange that you get keypresses. :-) That I do have to investigate.
roteero2001

Post by roteero2001 »

So I guess the RAM issues will keep biting back.

Anotherguest, while you look into the keypressing issues kindly consider a build for playing FT at good speed with minimal memory usage.
Thanks ahead man!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well the buildscripts is there to build a scumm only version, but build all engines separatly takes some time. I might do a scumm only just to check if memory reqs. go down? Have n't tried the last build my self, so I guess its about time. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Now tested by last build:
- Edit game after adding two games (queen and BASS) crashes scummvm. Wondering if the hashing used to find the game type is defragmenting the memory. Getting the hash cache to work might help alot.
- Did not find any key problems with my 6120 classic. Clean scummvm Install, no older versions of scummvm, no strange key configs etc. Tried Kyra 2, Queen(CD), Lost in Time, MISL2, BASS(CD), Lost in time (CD version with low bitrate MP3 audio track).

Generally I think this release work well, good performance, no strange hickup, except for some memory issues. Add game, then edit is an easy test to do.

I will look into the hashing then. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/scu ... v3_all.sis

and
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/scu ... Q3_all.sis

are now uploaded.

(Based on 0.12.0 release code)

Now enabled HASH pool, since Symbian OS did not need <new> to implement that.

Also increased minimum heap size to 5 mb. This means that you need more memory to start ScummVM but it might run better in the longrun.

Also now using SDL 1.2.13 for some small updates and patches.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Så yet again the 0.12.0 release has been updated.

Now with testcode to support E61/E71 keyboard. Press the blue key to toggle numeric and ascii mode. I have not tested it.

Also implemented in this release is screen device changed (not tested either). So closing the lid on the E90, drawing out the keyboard on the N95 which do screen changes, should update the screen..

Tellme if it works or not.

goetz

Post by goetz »

Well, a feedback for more versions, all S60v3: The one of 0731 did annoy me a bit, since it instantly crashed on starting monkey1 (vga, German, all other games were working), had some bad rounding problems, which made all moving objects "jump" in the upscaled landscape flipped screen mode, and told me that all my savegames were invalid.

Luckily, the versions of 0804 and 0805 seem to run fine on my Nokia E51 and do not seem to have these problems. With the program MagicKey I can even map the phone's volume buttons to left and right mouse click and the zone key, which is very nice for playing! So everything OK for these versions on my E51. :D

I have also tested the current version of 0805 on my E61i and especially the full keyboard support. Seems to be working fine and for full keyboard devices it is a big advantage over the multitap thingy.

Anotherguest, great job, keep on going! :)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Missing zlib & mp3 support was one thing, changing to latest SDL was another. Also its really nice to see that the keyboard on the E61i works. :-) Now playing AGI games on S60v3 should be a good experience. At least better. :-)

So this was the kind of feedback I was looking for. Also now flipping for N95,N96 etc works, so it scales properly with screen changes. Not 100% perfekt but it works. :)
roteero2001

Post by roteero2001 »

Just tried the latest update on my standard N95.

The screen flipping thing works like a charm! and with green+2 then flipping I can get it to any direction I want.

The edit game with 2 games works again.

Still some memory exiting problems, and the weird clicking on its own is still their, mostly notable in FT with inventory keep popping up on its own..and using the computers on jet and truck in the end of the game.

Thanks Anotherguest, keep it up man!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have seen the edit problem after adding just one game, so its something strange in the memory allocation handling perhaps. But it works better than before. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
New 0.12.0 pre release built for S60v3.

I have just been playtesting COMI with this version.
Also CINE is included so you can try future wars if you want to.

I tested COMI on my 6120 classic, and I had a movie corruption after the first scene, but otherwise it played well, with a couple of crashes (I guess thats memory related). At least its seems to be very playable.

Some graphics are rather slow to draw, but generally the movies and in game action works better than I hope. This on a 369 MHZ 6120 Classic that is. Older and slower platforms wont get that performance of course.

VGA only works in flipped mode so keypad to the right before starting. I will try to fix that during this week.

Also I found a filehandling bug which might have been crashing some games before (it was crashing COMI at least)
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Congrats on finding the bug Porter. Should make SCUMMVM more stable on the symbian phones when you fix it. It's probably the alternative issue when memory isn't crashing the games.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Now I have gotten strange keypressen, when testing The Dig! The Dig seems to be a special beast to tame. Not sure why its crashes. :-(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

and

Has now been updated!
Please test these, specially for Scumm games, since they have been showing some weired behaviour. Specially The Dig needs testing.

This builds contains CINE and also VGA support so Touch should be playable on both S60v3 and UIQ3 devices.
goetz

Post by goetz »

This version does not seem to have any problems with the old Scumm games (MI1, MI2, DOTT, Atlantis, Indy3, Loom, Sam&Max, Zak, Maniac). Quite the opposite: It is very fast on my Nokia E51 (also 369MHz CPU) and what was the infamous scroll bug is now smooth and quick scrolling.

In fact, this version is the first version ever that does not have the rounding bug in landscape-flipped mode (=keypad on the right). No more "pixel-jumps" when the cursor moves across the screen.

For COMI, well I will test that when my new memory card arrives which I have ordered. :)

Update: I have created a slim version of COMI (no intro video, no voices) and installed it on my old memory card. It works very well. I have sank the small pirate ships, the big ship and made it to the beach. No crashes so far and also the cut-scene videos are playing nicely. Can't wait to have a memory card with enough space left for the full game! :D

Anotherguest, keep up the good work!

- Goetz