Games'n Music - problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mulehollandaise

Games'n Music - problem

Post by mulehollandaise »

Hello there,

I've got a Games'n Music card and Scummvm isn't working on it. In fact, it does something really odd : I just copy a folder named Scummvm in the root of my card, and launch the program : the interface works. I try to launch a game, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (I think it works only for Indiana Jones 3, but 50% of the time). But after that, when I launch it again, it uses the configuration file "scummvm.ini", and when I want to pick up a game, Scummvm is still in the folder of, let's say Indiana Jones 3, but behaves like it's in the root of the card : he refuses to go up, and i'm stuck in the folder : the only way to fix it is to delete the scummvm.ini file created the first time in the root of the cart (and this file contains the address of the game : I think Scummvm reads this file, go in this folder and then "believes" he's in the root of the card)
Anyone has an idea ? is it a driver error, of is it a bug ? How can I fix it ?
Thank you !
LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

You Asked This Earlier
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5409
Also, are you using the latest version?
Sometimes you have to reset it, I think it was L+R right when you boot it, or something like that. (It'll tell you how to reset it if you look at the list of commands when you boot up.) And are you talking about Fate of Atlantis? Well, that one can be stubborn sometimes. Really all you need is on this: http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/ And if it's done right it should work.
Like I said, I've got a GnM and have got a bunch of games to work. (All that I've tried have worked.)

(I've been using BugMeNot to log in, and now I finally made my own account, and my account name is Potent1, just so you know.)
Potent1

Post by Potent1 »

That's better, now I've got my own account. Oh, and another thing. If you have a lot of files on your card, that can be a problem, and typically if you're using ScummVM DS you do have a lot of files. So what I do before I boot up is I go into the folder of the game I'm gonna use and I just click on any file. (It kind of refreshes/detects the folder better.) And it always works better then when I boot up ScummVM.

And now that I've read it again slowly, I think I understand what you're saying. I have to reset it all the time, Pretty much I have to input the directory for the game every time I use it, my saves are still there so that's not a problem. But yeah, I have to delete the path to the game for each game and re-enter them pretty much every time I use it, and I think that might be what you're talking about. But yeah, it can be a little buggy, but once you're in the game, there's no problems. Man, I've been writing too much.