Another Big Testing Season!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Another Big Testing Season!

Post by clone2727 »

It's that event that occurs about twice a year in which we ask you, our loyal users, to go out and replay all your favorite games supported by ScummVM. In addition to all the games supported from 0.11.1, we have several new ones for you. The Bizarre Adventure of Woodruff and the Schnibble, Lost in Time, The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two: Hand of Fate, The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge, and Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back have support added since then. Furthermore, the DOS version of Waxworks and the Macintosh version of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream are now supported.

So, what are you waiting for? Go out and start testing! Grab a daily build of ScummVM and run through the games and note any bugs you see on the way (which you should post on the bug tracker). Once done, post that you've completed the game on the forum post so it can be posted on the wiki page. Be sure to list the version of the game, language, and platform.

Good luck, and remember: have fun!
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

OK, I´m Spanish and I can test the Spanish versions of these games.

I have a lot of adventures (legal and original copys) but really I would like test Discworld. When is gonna be release a version compatible with discworld???

Sorry for my english :oops:
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

The version after this, 0.13.0, will have Discworld (hopefully).

I believe it's meant to be added to the public SVN builds very shortly.
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Espiox wrote:The version after this, 0.13.0, will have Discworld (hopefully).

I believe it's meant to be added to the public SVN builds very shortly.
8) I can't wait 8)
Bernstein229

Post by Bernstein229 »

I can test some Humongous Entertainment games.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Bernstein229 wrote:I can test some Humongous Entertainment games.
Sounds good! Just post here when you've finished the game, along with the game name, the version/language and platform you've tested on and any bugs you might find.
Bernstein229

Post by Bernstein229 »

Ok, I just finished the game. It was Freddi Fish 3: The Case of The Stolen Conch Shell. I see no bugs at all. I might play it again because the game is random every time you play it. I used the Macintosh version of the game, on the Mac OS X port of ScummVM.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I finished Lure,Sword1,Sword2 yesterday/last night Im using a Win32 daily build

Lure was the english version from the downloads page
sword1 and sword2 were from an english sold out cd.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Thanks! Added to the wiki.
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

I finished Sam and Max: Hit the Road using the Win32 daily build, today's date. It's a bit glitchy, but nothing that wasn't in the original (bigfoot's back in bumperville, lips not moving (in the circus: moleman's room, pixie's trailer), max's ears (near the flamey guy in the circus, the lobby that leads to the bigfoot party)...), but other than that ok.

i played the english cd version from the uk lucasarts entertainment pack (released circa 2002).
Last edited by cpt. wesker on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

I just finished Loom (English, PC CD) using the latest Win32 daily build.
Bernstein229

Post by Bernstein229 »

I'm going to test Freddi Fish 2. I'll probably finish soon.

EDIT: Ok, I just finished the game. The only bug I found was that the game froze sometimes when I click on random things, cutscenes, and collecting items. I used the windows version of the game, on the mac os x port of scummvm.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Hand of Fate DOS CD completable, no noticed glitches beyond not finding the _mouse.csh file initally (that seems to have been related to my old CD though as a new copy of the files to the directory fixed the problem). The datafile section on the wiki needs to be updated it's missing Westwood.001 as a required file for the CD version.

Malcolm's Revenge is completable as well.

As a side note, any idea when the HOF demo will be included in the support?
clem

Post by clem »

Ceri Cat wrote:The datafile section on the wiki needs to be updated it's missing Westwood.001 as a required file for the CD version.
Are you sure? I played through HoF CD just yesterday without needing WESTWOOD.001 - it seems to contain the files which are installed to HD, all of which also were redundantly in the subdirectoy on the CD

edit: which OS were you playing on? (for wiki inclusion)
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

I was finding without it it was informing me it was an unrecognised version still initially. Though the game still ran on my daily. *shrugs* Hand of Fate was flaky at first, I'm still trying to figure out where the issues were coming from as the CD didn't pop up any errors on me, but I'm pretty sure it's my old white box release that's the problem though as like I said recopying the files fixed the few problems.