Someone must know the name of this game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cactusgod

Someone must know the name of this game

Post by Cactusgod »

Ok guys,

I have been struggling with trying to find out this one game I played about 11 or so years ago. First and foremost, it dont think it was maniac mansion. It's a game where you are stuck in a mansion with monsters like frankenstein and such. Throughout the mansion there are all sorts of traps that you can hold the monsters in and torture them (by like tickling and such) There was also a giant grandfather clock in the middle of the mansion that went up to 13'oclock and you had to finish the game before it hit 13 o'clock

Anyone have ANY idea what this game is?

Thanks,
Cactus
Jade

Post by Jade »

creature crunch?
Cactusgod

Post by Cactusgod »

Ooh. The style of the game looks similar, but this is not the one! I REALLY appreciate the attempt though!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Clock Tower?

Eugene
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Definitely not Clock Tower from the description. I've not come across anything like it myself, though I'm delving through my list of banned games as it features torture which is still a big no no in many places.
Sordid_the_sorceror

Post by Sordid_the_sorceror »

Probably not, but sounds like the Rocky Horror game
tburke

Post by tburke »

I know the game you're talking about, and should even still have it (though not with me). Next time I'm home, I'll try to remember to look for it.

It's more or less a children's game, if occasionally a bit scary. Very cartoon-y in style. I remember there's a room where you get to create your own monster, and I think you can use some of the items you pick up while exploring in creating your monster. Just figured I'd throw that out there in case it might jog someone's memory.
Cactusgod

Post by Cactusgod »

tburke wrote:I know the game you're talking about, and should even still have it (though not with me). Next time I'm home, I'll try to remember to look for it.

It's more or less a children's game, if occasionally a bit scary. Very cartoon-y in style. I remember there's a room where you get to create your own monster, and I think you can use some of the items you pick up while exploring in creating your monster. Just figured I'd throw that out there in case it might jog someone's memory.
I THINK this might be the one! It was definitely more of a children's game. I played it when I was around 7 or 8 years old over an old friends house which was like 4 or 5 years before I personally ever got a computer. It would just fulfill a bit of my childhood desires if I were able to play this ;p as I'm sure some of you understand.
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

the first game i ever had for my first computer:

drumroll

gahan wilson's haunted house
Cactusgod

Post by Cactusgod »

Success!!!!!!
Cactusgod

Post by Cactusgod »

Bah its not for sale anywhere!
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

The correct name is:

Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Haunted_House

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ultimate-haunted-house (I think the game genre is wrong in mobygames, as it seems an adventure game)

Obviously this game is not available to buy as new as tons of other classic games, but there's other ways to obtain it. You have auction sites like ebay and second hand shops, for example.

The game seems to be based on something by Macromedia (probably Director), now Adobe due to acquisition of the former company. Not sure if the game can run on newer versions of Director, but Adobe Shockwave 11 is available for Windows and Mac platforms (and able to run on Linux by Wine or CrossOver).
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Best of luck. The last few games I've tried built on director have been less than accessible due to issues between the version of director used and XP.
amr619

Post by amr619 »

me too but it was another game all i rememver for about 7 years , it looked medeival, it was a point and click, is that the main character wore a green shirt\jacket (medieval style) , the game was 2d , no sound/music , i had to talk to some woman , and then try to jump over some rocks which i always fall in the river at some rock.
Mirko

Post by Mirko »

amr619 wrote:me too but it was another game all i rememver for about 7 years , it looked medeival, it was a point and click, is that the main character wore a green shirt\jacket (medieval style) , the game was 2d , no sound/music , i had to talk to some woman , and then try to jump over some rocks which i always fall in the river at some rock.
Could be "Curse of Enchantia":
http://www.mobygames.com/game/curse-of- ... creenshots