Am I doing something wrong?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BrotherChunk

Am I doing something wrong?

Post by BrotherChunk »

I can't seem to get ScummVm to work on my DS. When I bring it up is doesn't recognize any of the directories on my card, it only shows a folder called meta-inf.

I'm using CycloDs, which is supposed to autopacth. I tried manually DLDI patching but it still didn't recognize the folders. I tried using an older version, but still nothing.

I also used the pc version and pointed at the files and the games loaded fine that way.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
BrotherChunk

Post by BrotherChunk »

Alright I've found the problem, there's some conflict when I tried to load scummvm with my Ez 3in1 expansion pack, when I take it out scummvm read the directories off my cyclods just fine. I duplicated the same issue with an old R4 card I have. Has anyone else ever ran into the same problem?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yes, ScummVM supports reading the game data from a zip file stored on a card inserted in the GBA slot. It scans for zip files in slot-2 memory on startup, and if it finds one, it will read game data from that instead of slot-1.

It seems that some commercial games use zip files too, so if they are inserted, then ScummVM will try to read game data from them. The solution at the moment is to remove the slot-2 card before you play, if you have a game which causes this issue.
chojin

Zip file found OK!

Post by chojin »

Is it possible to prevent ScummVM from loading that zipped content?

Can ScummVM make use of the extra RAM in the Ez 3in1 expansion cart? To help games like Full Throttle?
clem

Re: Zip file found OK!

Post by clem »

chojin wrote: Can ScummVM make use of the extra RAM in the Ez 3in1 expansion cart? To help games like Full Throttle?
probably not.
chojin

Re: Zip file found OK!

Post by chojin »

clem wrote:
chojin wrote: Can ScummVM make use of the extra RAM in the Ez 3in1 expansion cart? To help games like Full Throttle?
probably not.
Ah thanks. I guess the status still hasn't changed.

The Zip-issue is more important to me, since I'm not removing the slot-2 cart every time I start SCUMMVM. Some flag in the scummvm.ini ds-section preventing that would be perfect.