A few problems with some games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sohn_of_a_Gunn

A few problems with some games

Post by Sohn_of_a_Gunn »

Hi, I ma a new guy and I have some issues with some games on the wii port.

DOTT: I am using the CD version but the game crashes after the newspaper with the cow story shows up, is there any fix and does this happen on the floppy version?

Broken Sword: NO cutscenes and after I go into the pub with the police, the game crashes to the homebrew channel menu.

Are there any fixes for this?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Do you get these issues with the PC version of ScummVM?
Sohn_of_a_Gunn

Post by Sohn_of_a_Gunn »

Not sure, when I used the PC version I usually used the floppy version of DOTT and I got pretty far, never tried Broken Sword, but I might try them on the PC.
matteo57

Post by matteo57 »

hi,

i got the same issue with broken sword 1.
i can see the cutscenes, with the appropriate add-on pack, but my game too crashes when i exit the pub, with or without police, and it goes back to the homebrew channel.

tried it (same datafiles of course) on scummvm on pc, it works perfectly.

i've already opened a topic about that in the broken sword 1 topic on this forum, but it was of no use.

I think it must be a kind of bug, because i tried several different versions of the game, but always have this problem, but i don't know what causes it.
chojin

Post by chojin »

Which scummvm revision do you use? Which game language?

Do you have a savepoint right before the issue occurs?
LouKohley

DOTT Problem

Post by LouKohley »

I have the same issue. The game brings up the debugger terminal. I get an error code.

Error: Locking Illegal Glob type 0 (0) num 0

Thanks for ScummVM on my Wii. I miss all these old games.

LOU

P.S. I have a same game just before the crash happens all you have to do is exit the room.
Sohn_of_a_Gunn

Re: DOTT Problem

Post by Sohn_of_a_Gunn »

LouKohley wrote:I have the same issue. The game brings up the debugger terminal. I get an error code.

Error: Locking Illegal Glob type 0 (0) num 0

Thanks for ScummVM on my Wii. I miss all these old games.

LOU

P.S. I have a same game just before the crash happens all you have to do is exit the room.
Wait for DOTT, is this debugger terminal glitch occurring only on the CD version or does it happen on the floppy version too?
LouKohley

DOTT problem

Post by LouKohley »

I only have the CD version.

I notice it happens any time there is a random cut-scene (spinning newspaper or random dialogue) sometimes it goes back to the game but from the last autosave point and not where I left off.

Thanks,
LOU
Sohn_of_a_Gunn

Re: DOTT problem

Post by Sohn_of_a_Gunn »

LouKohley wrote:I only have the CD version.

I notice it happens any time there is a random cut-scene (spinning newspaper or random dialogue) sometimes it goes back to the game but from the last autosave point and not where I left off.

Thanks,
LOU
I was wondering since I have both versions, I should see if the floppy version still does the glitch.