Support for King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

heruan

Support for King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride

Post by heruan »

What about the support for King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride?
clem

Post by clem »

FAQ 2.5. FAQ 2.6. Also posts like this are more suited for the Junkyard forum.
heruan

Post by heruan »

Sorry, didn't know KQ7 was a SCI game...
Thank you!
Gimlao

Post by Gimlao »

King's Quest VII is a Windows game, like Leisure Suit Larry 7.

http://freesci.linuxgames.com/?page=games

This list seems to only have DOS games...

KQ7, LSL7, Phantasmagoria 1/2, Space Quest 6, Torin's Passage have the same engine than KQ1/2/3/4/5/6 ??
Last edited by Gimlao on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Gimlao wrote:King's Quest VII is a Windows game, like Leisure Suit Larry 7.
I believe they were made for both DOS and Windows, but the game engine is probably the same.
Gimlao wrote: KQ7, LS7, Phantasmagoria 1/2, Space Quest 6, Torrin's Passage have the same engine than KQ1/2/3/4/5/6 ??
From what I've read, Sierra used two game engines for most of their adventure games: The Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI) and Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI). ScummVM supports AGI, but not SCI. FreeSCI supports the early versions of SCI, but not yet the later ones.

Some of the games you mention use AGI, but most of them use some version of SCI. Some were originally made for AGI, and later remade (with updated graphics and sound) for SCI. King's Quest 4 was supposedly released simultaneously for both AGI and SCI.
Gimlao

Post by Gimlao »

I only found a DOS version for LSL7 & SQ6, not the others...

And, I'm thinking, Monkey Island 3 is also a Windows game, there isn't a DOS version ? ... ( Yes ? ^^; )

Anyway, do you think those games ( the SC2 & SC3 engines ) will be compatible with ScummVM one day ?
Collector

Post by Collector »

SQ6 came out in 1995 and LSL7 came out in 1996. They most certainly shipped with Windows versions. There might be some pirate versions for download that have the Windows executables stripped out, though.
Gimlao

Post by Gimlao »

I have the originals CD and SQ6 had a bug in the Windows version so I searched in the CD for a DOS version so I could finish it.

For LSL7 I searched the DOS version in the CD only to see... bonuses that were not in the Windows version. ^^;;;

There was also a bug in KQ7, I searched a DOS version... but nothing, so I was always clicking on the ">>" button during the buggy scene... later I found a fix, and I finally saw the scene.

( I'm a little speaking of my life with my limited english... but it was only to say how I know there is a DOS version for LSL7 & SQ6 )
Collector

Post by Collector »

Gimlao wrote:( I'm a little speaking of my life with my limited english... but it was only to say how I know there is a DOS version for LSL7 & SQ6 )
No problem. BTW, there is a DOS version for KQ7, but you need to get version 2. This came with the 2nd KQ collection, but not the new one.
moonisharsh

Post by moonisharsh »

Now i play a DOS version for LSL7 & SQ6, not the others.