Inaccurate Touchpad

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Iamaretard

Inaccurate Touchpad

Post by Iamaretard »

Is it a general problem that the touchpad becomes less accurate the further away you use it from the centre? It is perfect in the middle for me, but there's so much of a difference around the edges that it's difficult to use for selecting actions, etc. I'd have thought that would have a simple fix, so am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Nick
manias

Re: Inaccurate Touchpad

Post by manias »

Iamaretard wrote:Is it a general problem that the touchpad becomes less accurate the further away you use it from the centre? It is perfect in the middle for me, but there's so much of a difference around the edges that it's difficult to use for selecting actions, etc. I'd have thought that would have a simple fix, so am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Nick
You can calibrate the touchpad in the main ds menu (where you can select DSgame, GBAgame, etc)
clem

Post by clem »

I think I read somewhere that this is a general problem, I just can't find the relevant post here anymore...
Iamaretard

Post by Iamaretard »

Thanks for the responses.

I've calibrated it in the DS menu but unfortunately it doesn't help.

I had a look around before posting and found a post about it, but it didn't seem to be thought of as much of a problem there so I get the feeling mine might be worse than others.
manias

Post by manias »

I suppose it would be handy to have some sort of option to use the dpad to finetune selections.. like, if you hold R and then move around on the dpad the cursor will move
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The accuracy of the touchscreen response seems to vary a lot from DS to DS. Some seem to work fine with homebrew code, and others don't work quite as well. I'm not really sure what causes this.

One way to get around it is to zoom in, making it easier to touch what you want to touch. Even on the worst DS units though, I've fount it not to be hugely off.
tomten

Re: Inaccurate Touchpad

Post by tomten »

Iamaretard wrote:Is it a general problem that the touchpad becomes less accurate the further away you use it from the centre? It is perfect in the middle for me, but there's so much of a difference around the edges that it's difficult to use for selecting actions, etc. I'd have thought that would have a simple fix, so am I missing something here?
What agentq says. Also, on my DS, the x accuracy is worse the further down the screen you get, which is kinda weird. But I'm sure it makes perfect sense somehow.