Anyone with experience with Reminiscence (Flashback)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

braveally

Anyone with experience with Reminiscence (Flashback)

Post by braveally »

I was looking to see if scummVM supported the game flashback (one of my Sega CD favorites). I soon found out that someone ported it under the name Reminiscence. I did a search and only found a few mentions of it. So does anyone have this working on their NIT (maemo). I installed it and have the data files but don't know where to put them. thanks for any help
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

No, Flashback is not supported under ScummVM
braveally

Post by braveally »

I know it's not supported by scummVM. it's an entirely different program, but other than the install there is no info (at least I haven't found it yet) about where I place the data files. I'm only here because after hours of googling, this is the only site where I see multiple mentions of the project. Just thought i might catch a drop of knowledge from u guys.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Have you looked at the REminiscence home page? There is not much info on this page but the source code download contains a README file with some info on how to install the game.

I cannot say for sure for the Maemo port, but usually you need to copy the data files from the original DOS version of the game into a DATA directory at the same level than the REminiscence executable.

If you also own the Amiga version of the game you can copy the music files (.mod) from this version into the same DATA directory. Otherwise you will have to play without the music.

For me it works on MacOS X, but I have copied more files than just the one listed in the README I mentioned above. I suspect some of these files are not necessary, but as I had some difficulties to make REminiscence work I ended up copying all the files from the original game.
braveally

Post by braveally »

seen the read me, and I had a feeling it would be something like that. I need to find out the path of the game in maemo. that'll take some time. Thanks.
raina

Post by raina »

OT: REminiscence can also utilize the Sega CD voice files for an ultimate Flashback experience. :)