Broken Sword II Problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Topheee

Broken Sword II Problem

Post by Topheee »

I have a problem with playing Broken Sword II. Basically, it says that it can't find the game file, even though the same files work on the PC, and let me play.
I can play all the demos, and I've managed to get Sam and Max working.
Why won't this work? >:
clem

Post by clem »

Games working on one platform and not on another might have to do with the port lacking support for a specific engine (although I'd assume the Wii port to include all the engines). Does the Wii ScummVM list Broken Sword 2 if you click on "About" in the launcher?

Disclaimer: don't have a Wii, can't test
chojin

Post by chojin »

I experienced the same issue trying to add Broken Sword 2 (German, DXA+OGG) in R32565. It obviousely could not find the game files, because I used subfolders for CLUSTERS, VIDEOS and SWORD2. After moving CLUSTERS and INF files back into the main game directory, the game was recognized. The Videos work using a subfolder. So I guess the Wii port does not scan subfolders yet.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Broken Sword 2 seems to be working fine on my PAL Wii (saving and loading too)
Topheee

Post by Topheee »

I'll try putting them in one folder then, as they're all in the sub folders at the moment.
Thanks for your help!
Vurtual

Post by Vurtual »

The game works fine for me too when all files are in the same folder. Saving and loading included.. but does anyone else notice scrambled parts of the screen i.e. the parts holding the inventory at the bottom and the options on the upper part of the screen?
chojin

Post by chojin »

Vurtual wrote:but does anyone else notice scrambled parts of the screen i.e. the parts holding the inventory at the bottom and the options on the upper part of the screen?
Yes, funny color bars in both broken sword 1 and 2.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I get odd coloured bits in the bars too :shock: