Please Add Escape From Monkey Island Support (Mac)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Macgamesaustralia

Please Add Escape From Monkey Island Support (Mac)

Post by Macgamesaustralia »

It would be great if you could add support for this game as i have finished all the other ones but have an intel mac and cannot install the game of course. further it would be great to see support for games such as outlaws,indys desktop adventures included.
Last edited by Macgamesaustralia on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Sigh.... please search before asking...

Outlaws is out of scope of this project, Escape from Monkey Island might be supported in the future by the Residual subproject
danish_cook

Post by danish_cook »

You should try to use Sheepshaver to run games that were designed for classic environment
http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info//en/projects/sheepshaver
http://theappleblog.com/2006/07/01/clas ... eepshaver/
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

If you have an Intel mac you can run xp through bootcamp or MI4 through VMware.
clem

Post by clem »

Did you notice that you were replying to a 7-month old thread?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Not really... it was marked as new post and was at the top of my list.
How very odd.

edit; Oh, there WAS a new post, but it wasn't me:P
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Now that this was necrobumped anyway, I figured I do a little test. I got the Escape From Monkey Island demo and fired up VMware to see how it would go.

Host: Linux 64bit (Ubuntu 8.10)
VM: VMware Workstation 6.5.1
Guest: WinXP 32 bit

It works. In glorious hardware accelerated Direct3D and in full-screen!

I just played a part of the demo to see if all controls were alright so there MIGHT be a nasty surprise later on.
I had some inconveniences with sound but that has to do with VMWare not playing nice with PulseAudio (the new Linux audio system). This is a Linux-host-only problem so no worries there for Mac users.

I assume MI4 should work perfectly on Macs with the newest VMWare Fusion, because Fusion is pretty much exactly the same as Workstation but then for OSX.

Ofcause, being able to use ScummVM instead of VMWare for MI4 (and Grim Fanango) would be a LOT more convenient. The devs have still some ground to cover before that happens though.
As far as I know, ScummVM doesn't do OpenGL yet and that would be a must for MI4 and Grim.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

That is why the Residual subproject exists. Though the progress is slow.
Therefore, ScummVM will never support these game.
addyaustin

Post by addyaustin »

Um..sorry its very old thread. But, i needed to know whether its possible to make escape from monkey island work on psp port of scummVM..??? Any tweaking/anything can help???
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

addyaustin wrote:Um..sorry its very old thread. But, i needed to know whether its possible to make escape from monkey island work on psp port of scummVM..??? Any tweaking/anything can help???
No. MI4 uses 3D graphics which are rendered on the fly, hence its out of ScummVM's scope. Check the residual project:
http://residual.sf.net
addyaustin

Post by addyaustin »

Thanks a lot sir!!!! Ill try this one.

Oh..it don't have a psp port yet. Any luck in future ? I mean is the port being developed or just no news about that as of now?
Last edited by addyaustin on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

addyaustin wrote:Thanks a lot sir!!!! Ill try this one.
Before you get your hopes up, Residual does not support Escape From Monkey Island. It's possible that it will at some time in the future, but the main focus is on Grim Fandango.
addyaustin

Post by addyaustin »

Oh!! ok... :(