TIME COMMANDO + ScummVM

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

1) We mainly focus on 2D point'n'click adventure games. Time Commando isn't such a game
2) Time Commando has 3D graphics, so if any work was done on it, it would be part of the Residual subproject, not ScummVM itself (which uses 2D graphics)
3) The fact that a game is more attractive for you doesn't mean that someone will be motivated to work on it
4) ScummVM supports games for all ages, so if you don't like children's games, that's fine, many children like them :)
5) If you really want support for a specific game, noone is stopping you from learning C++ and starting to work on it and help us, we could always use a helping hand
6) If you give so many branches to a tree, it grows a lot, obstructing other parts of it. I.e. there is a limit to how many game engines can be developed with the amount of people we currently have in this project, and we prefer to work on adventure games, which is the main focus of this project anyway
Reckless

Re: But ScummVM has options...

Post by Reckless »

piksi wrote:
sev wrote:...and who will perform a real work on these? Gosh, we have right now sitting source codes for at least 2 adventure games with nobody working on them [...]Eugene
And are they attractive enough to people? I mean, for example, I wouln't work on a Humongous adventure just for 1 reason: I find them boring. Even more, for children, just on English, never released on my country, etcetera.

If I check the compatibility list, almost 40% of games are just boring to me, so totally useless. I'm sure there are lots of efforts on every game wich is supported, but maybe there should be a common point to aim.

I think people must enjoy on their work (or whatever they are doing). But if they don't get something stimulant to work, it's all an ending road. Perhaps, people don't like those 2 adventures still 'opened' and don't want to work on them.

I still think you should give so many branches as you could to this tree to see how much can it grows.
Wow - there's a whole bunch of I's in your post. Thankfully those who slave over ScummVM seem to be a little less 'self-centered' :)

Sure not all people want the same thing but unless people are willing to contribute to the team in a significant [& appropriate] way then us mere users will have to just accept the situation as is. I'm sure we'd all like to see certain games supported but hell take a look at the supported list they already have :shock: 8)

Anyways, as already pointed out, your request is somewhat outside of the project's vision!
clem

Post by clem »

piksi wrote: I still think you should give so many branches as you could to this tree to see how much can it grows.
/me cuts off a branch which looks like a fork and hands it to piksi

(sorry, couln't resist :) )
piksi

Post by piksi »

clem wrote:
piksi wrote: I still think you should give so many branches as you could to this tree to see how much can it grows.
/me cuts off a branch which looks like a fork and hands it to piksi

(sorry, couln't resist :) )
Yes, my English sucks :P Too much time without taking class ¬¬¡

But, anyway, you get the idea? Although Time Commando is a 3d adv. there are some more, like Little Big Adventure, I'd love to play.

Sorry for the Is :P
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Yes, I think people get the idea, it's rather that they don't much like it and that it does not suit the intentions of the ScummVM project. But as so many have said before, you're more than welcome to have a go at it yourself.
bramvandijk

Post by bramvandijk »

piksi wrote: there are some more, like Little Big Adventure, I'd love to play.
See http://sourceforge.net/projects/twin-e/
piksi

Post by piksi »

Ok, I knew that project, it's just an example ;) Maybe Time Commando has same adventuring as Cyberia or LBA (this is, not much; because it's more action+puzzle).

Anyway, there has gone my opinion.