Curse of Enchantia

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Del

Post by Del »

I've emailed jvprat about access.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Not public news, so I'm posting this.

The engine has been uploaded to jvprat's repository here, but not updated since the fist commit (16 may).

Del, any news about this?
Del

Post by Del »

Not much to say, I'm afraid.

I'm jobhunting at the moment, and interviewing constantly, so I'm pretty exhausted. Good news is I have a second interview with a company that expressed lined up tomorrow. "Bad" news is if I get the job, I'll have even less time to work on this.

I'll keep an eye on it, and try to help, but I uploaded in part so it wouldn't get lost due to my schedule.

It's very early, pretty much the same as I posted last, with no progress since.
lorian

Post by lorian »

Hello everyone.

I am the guy that Del mentioned before. I'm sorry for not posting before; I'm here just to give you some insight on what has happened and where this is all going:

In late 2007 I moved to Denmark, and while I was looking for a job I had quite a lot of free time, so I decided to start working on this. I started all this silently, just by myself, so that I wouldn't get people excited about something that maybe I wouldn't work on for more than a couple of days. But somewhere around 3-4 weeks into it I noticed that I had made quite a lot of progress figuring out how all the sprites work, and I decided to contact Del just to see if he already knew about this, and that's pretty much when he posted in this thread about me.

However, I got a job by the end of January, and that pretty much got rid of a lot of my free time. Plus, I didn't really feel like spending all my free time at the computer when I was already spending all my work time at the computer. I also started getting into harder portions of the code, and all in all I pretty much stopped working on this. Nowadays things are even worse since I am taking Danish classes after work, so I pretty much have little to no time to work on this.

In any case, I would like to, at some point, resume working on this and (hopefully) completing it. Or if anyone else wants to take over I would be glad to share all my insight on forums/irc.

I am also watching this thread, so whenever something else comes up I just get a notification - feel free to keep pestering/reminding me every once in a while about working on this.

ps. to Ian Sabine, how well do you remember the code? Maybe you would be able to share some knowledge about certains parts of the code that I was having a hard time with?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Its great that you've taken over this, and that you managed to get some more work done on it. I know there will be other people watching this thread for updates.

no rush though, great things take time
Ian Sabine

Post by Ian Sabine »

I'm still here :)

It was so long ago, but if you have any specific questions I can try to help.

Have you been able to locate the animation and movement tables that go with the sprites?
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Hello.

Any news about this engine?

Regards.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

one year later...

any news?
the link to the source is dead (jvprat?)
porga

Post by porga »

Two years later. Does this game works with ScummVM?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

porga wrote:Two years later. Does this game works with ScummVM?
Nope.
porga

Post by porga »

any chance it will?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

porga wrote:any chance it will?
If someone takes the time to reimplement it sure, apart no.
porga

Post by porga »

That is good game, I hope we will see it on scummvm soon...
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Any news?

Too much time passed, but maybe there's something underground or some new volunteer :)