The Dig on N95-2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Julius

The Dig on N95-2

Post by Julius »

It works! Perfectly! Just in case anyone wanted to know.

It does take a wee bit to start (30 seconds maybe) but it works like on the PC.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Oh boy I spoke to soon. It just crashed

ERROR(2:5:0XAE): ImuseDigiSndMgr::openSound() Unknown soun

I was just placing the bombs on the surface at the begining :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

That sounds like bad game data to me.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Could be. The disc is 11 years old afterall :(

I replayed and it seems to happen at random intervals and I've passed the scene where it happens initially.
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

Same behavior on SE P1i. I recopied the files with no effect. Same files work flawlessly with the Windows version of ScummVM. I also tried disabling the sound, but the error still occurs randomly.
shoe

Post by shoe »

Julius wrote:Oh boy I spoke to soon. It just crashed

ERROR(2:5:0XAE): ImuseDigiSndMgr::openSound() Unknown soun

I was just placing the bombs on the surface at the begining :(
I can confirm this error. I can also confirm that copying the save game file to a PC using the same data files works flawlessly, so not a corruption thing. Looks sound related, but no amount of tinkering with settings seems to completely disable sound to the extent of skipping the openSound call that fails. Deleting sound files to try to bypasss it just made it worse :P. Worked fine up until leaving the pedestal screen after the crew remove their space suits.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please post a bug report with an included save game and for which version of the game and scummvm you have tested with.
nifton

Post by nifton »

Hi chaps,

just looking for people with an issue with 'the dig' I have a really annoying issue where if scumm minimises i loose all sound when it maximises. will experimenting with sound options correct it? I've had a go, but seen as I don't know what the N95 would provide to SCUMM as default sound config, i've had no luck.
I've had a similar thing with FT, but not as relaible, it only happened twice, where as with the dig, it's every time.

Julious, I also had that issue, on a recent re-install, SCUMM is on the phone memory, NOT mass storage, and i've not had that since. May just be coinsidence as the sound thing has annoyed me to the point of not playing. btw, i only got as far as blowing the charge before the crashing thing annoyed me so much I stopped.

BASS, on the otherhand is perfect, I can highly recomend it if you've not played it before.