They brutally murdered his teddy bear!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

They brutally murdered his teddy bear!

Post by DrMcCoy »

And kidnapped his father to boot. So please help Woodruff with getting revenge, rescuing his father, freeing the oppressed Boozooks and finding out about the Schnibble of Azimuth.

Still the same old procedure: Get your copy of The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble and a daily build of ScummVM. Report all bugs to our bug tracker and submit screenshots you've made along the way to our patch tracker, following the bug submission guidelines and screenshot guidelines.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nice work! :) Well done. Quite a good game, though a bit weird

Shame about the teddy bear :P
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Support since version 0.12.0

Heh, did i miss something? ;-)

Great new addition, thanks Doc
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Raziel wrote:Support since version 0.12.0

Heh, did i miss something? ;-)

Great new addition, thanks Doc
The current SVN version will be version 0.12.0 when it reaches a stable status :) (as always)
clem

Post by clem »

md5 wrote:The current SVN version will be version 0.12.0 when it reaches a stable status :) (as always)
I asked about this on IRC a few weeks back, they said it's "supported" once that final version comes out. Hence "not officially supported" on HoF and Malcolm's Revenge on the Wiki:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/The_L ... nd_of_Fate
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/The_L ... 7s_Revenge

I love the smell of wiki in the morning. Smells like... inconsistencies.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

/me goes off to dig out my Woodruff & The Schnibble of Azimuth CD :) Nice work DrMcCoy!
Collector

Post by Collector »

Finally! Again, DrMcCoy, you are my hero. This is my favorite Coktel Vision game. Thank you for your hard work.
Spin

Post by Spin »

I just registered here to type this message; a huge thanks to DrMcCoy for this awesome addition to ScummVM!
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Wow, thanks so much. I've been waiting ages to be able to play this again, as I've never managed to get my copy working on xp. btw, you might want to update the wiki with the required datafiles, not that it's too hard to figure out :lol:

Oh, and a compression tool of some kind would be really really nice.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

KuroShiro wrote:you might want to update the wiki with the required datafiles, not that it's too hard to figure out
Look harder next time :P
KuroShiro wrote:Oh, and a compression tool of some kind would be really really nice.
Not possible, for the same reasons as for Gob3.

The only things you could possibly compress are the SND files used for the background "music".
But they're only 36MB and already in a lower quality that by compressing, you wouldn't lose much.
Not worth implementing support for that. Or the hassle of rebuilding the 500MB woodruff.itk just for a few MB.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

DrMcCoy wrote:
KuroShiro wrote:you might want to update the wiki with the required datafiles, not that it's too hard to figure out
Look harder next time :P
:: smacks forehead :: Thanks =-P

Oh, and there is a game stopping bug - the game crashes whenever you try to ented the Red Light District from the Clandestine Game Room. Don't have a SF account to post on the bug tracker, just thought I'd let you know.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

KuroShiro wrote:Don't have a SF account to post on the bug tracker, just thought I'd let you know.
Then please create a SF account and file a proper bug report.
And attach the output of ScummVM started with "-d1 --debugflags=DrawOpcodes,FuncOpcodes".

EDIT:

Anyway, that should be fixed in the SVN repository / next daily build.