The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hydr0x

The Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge

Post by hydr0x »

So I downloaded the svn yesterday and noticed rightaway that Malcolm's Revenge seems to be supported now. Looking at the wiki it says " Malcolm's Revenge is completable as of 0.12.0 SVN from 28 Apr 2008. GUI is not implemented yet, saving and loading is possible via hotkeys."

Well, of course I had to give it a try, I tested the English and German version and they seem to work fine. Intro is correct and I didn't spot any graphic glitches or obvious gameplay bugs.

Just a few points though:
- clicking on the loading option in the main menu messes things up, the menu goes into an endless loop until you manage to select something

- saving and loading per hotkey works but I noticed the loading isn't instant but instead waits till the current action is finished. This might be intended though ;)

- the walking seems a little fast, but then again it's been ages since I played this game

Overall it seems we're close to official support of the game so I have to say THANK YOU. Have been looking forward to this day for a long time :)