No sound on Nokia 7610/6670

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anchel

No sound on Nokia 7610/6670

Post by Anchel »

No matter what I do, it just won't play music, but the rest of the game works perfect without it. How can I fix that?
And is it possible to play Broken Sword without voices? That way it'll fit on my phone
Oh, and sorry if this was posted earlier, but I couldn't find any solution for this even though I used the search function. I'm new to this kind of applications, and I have to give my praise to their creators for their great work. I had never thought it possible to play the Monkey Island series on my phone :shock:
enigma

Post by enigma »

I got the same problem with Nokia 6670.
No sound at all, I crosschecked with other applications (f.e. Frodo) that the default multimedia volume is set correctly.

I noticed that at some scenes the display stays black and the button to jump forward in an script sequence needs to be pressed to go on. f.e. the Intro of Sam'n Max stays black.
roteero2001

same problem here

Post by roteero2001 »

i get no sound and no music on my 6670,i tried the following games (beneath a steal key,sam and max, sam and max demo) no sound at all,i believe downloading a certain Build should correct this problem, but i don't know which build to download!!there are so many builds which are vague to beginner users!

could someone please specify which build should i download to solve the sound problem on my 6670

thanks
roteero2001

[b]solved it![/b]

Post by roteero2001 »

im gonna reply the solution to myself here,it seems that all V2 builds work fine for 6670 with sound and music (i tested it on sam and max floppy version) i wonder if i would hear speech in cd version,but i dont have the memory card for it.

i also managed to get the zoom thing working by pressing the app button (the MENU button) once, and then pressing it again and holding it to get a choice to switch back to scummvm.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yep all of this has already been discussed in other threads (And the Wiki pages I might add). And yes you would hear speech in the cd versions also.

As for builds.. they are just variants for the same versions, and sound support is pretty much similar, except that ogg support is not in all builds, and not mp3 in the minimal ones
roteero2001

Post by roteero2001 »

i managed to get sam and max cd version to work on my 6670 using the s60 all vorbis version ,other builds would get me music only with no speech.
i dont know about other devices but the symbian s60 version that i downloaded from scummv.org downloads page didn't go well, i think it should be replaced with those build files..that way people would easily get sound music and speech.
thank u another guest for ur excellent work of art
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. we might have to make a newer 0.8 release or a 0.8.1 release, but putting up the 0.9 cvs version as a 0.8 is no good I guess. As for the S60 versions I think this would be good as the sound has been fixed and lots of other issues.