ScummVM crashes when adding a game

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

larrykubiac

ScummVM crashes when adding a game

Post by larrykubiac »

Hey everybody,

I've searched the web and the forum, but nobody seems to have a similar problem. I have an jailbroken iPod touch 8GB (1.1.4) and installed Community Sources as well as ScummVM. The app seems to run normally, but when I try to add a game (hitting "Add Game...", nvigating to /var/mobile/Media/scummvm, selecting a folder and hitting "Choose") the app crashes and I'm back on my homescreen.
I tried indy3, lure, monkey island and day of the tentakel (which all work with ScummVM on my PC).

I reinstalled the app over and over and searched for this issue, but nothing. Please help me. thx
larrykubiac

Post by larrykubiac »

Unfortunatly nobody seems to have any idee. So can I post some logs or isn't there any logging at all in the app?
kottkrig

Post by kottkrig »

I have nearly the same problem but I can't even see my games. I go to my games folder /var/mobile/media/scummvm/ where I keep the games. And it's empty. And when i press the 'choose' button in that "empty" folder ScummVM crashes. Any known solution for this?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Hm... log output from ScummVM goes into a log file in /tmp, you could SSH into the ipod/iphone, start ScummVM, and see what the log says.
larrykubiac

Post by larrykubiac »

/tmp/scummvm.log says:

Code: Select all

Using configuration file: /var/mobile/Library/ScummVM/Preferences
browser returned a node that is not a directory: '/var/mobile/Media/scummvm/tentakle/'!
bushwakko

Post by bushwakko »

There seems to be something with a path, I intially had my stuff in /var/root/Media/scummvm too and it seemed empty for me. so I moved a game one folder down to test (I have had problems with long paths on my xbox earlier). and then I could see the folder (indy4). but when I entered it and chose it, it would quit again. so then I moved the game down to /var/root/indy4 and it worked. there is definitely something funky with either the iphones path stuff or scummvm's implementation of it.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

There might a permission problem with the directories/files. They need to be readable by the 'mobile' user. Do a 'chmod -R 755 /path/to/games' in an SSH shell.
bushwakko

Post by bushwakko »

I actually did chmod -R a+rw * there earlier, no luck.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

bushwakko wrote:I actually did chmod -R a+rw * there earlier, no luck.
Basically you need "rx" to read dictionaries and "rwx" to read/write dictionaries. Plain "r" is not enough (same goes for "rw").
larrykubiac

Post by larrykubiac »

Yeah!!!
A
chmod -R 755
solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.