Runs on everything, except my microwave :)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

On how many different devices have you tried scummvm?

11%
2-3
50%
4-5
23%
6-7
9%
more than 7
7%

Total votes: 44

joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Oh yeah, forgot about the original XBOX. :)
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Not too many actually:

* Various x86 and x64 PCs and laptops (running Vista, XP, 9x, $random_linux_distro)
* GP2X F-100
* SonyEricsson G700 (UIQ3)

I'll be adding Pandora (openpandora.org) to that list as soon as I can get one (I'm waiting for the "official" release though).
Hopefully I can add a Mac to the list later this year as well. :)
BlackThunder

Post by BlackThunder »

Lol one thing, my GP2x F200. I haven't really used it on PC because I used Dosbox when playing them before. I just wished that Dosbox knew how to play LoK Malcolms Revenge properly (or I did something wrong XD).
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Not really counting different PC's as different devices:
countless PC's including notebooks
Amiga
GP2X F200

On PC it was Windows 95 (I did it yesterday, and the latest release still runs on it), Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Linux.

If you count external sound devices in, there are:
Roland MT-32
Roland Sound Canvas SC-155
Yamaha MU5
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

BlackThunder wrote:Lol one thing, my GP2x F200. I haven't really used it on PC because I used Dosbox when playing them before. I just wished that Dosbox knew how to play LoK Malcolms Revenge properly (or I did something wrong XD).
DOSBox and ScummVM follow a VERY different approach. DOSBox aims to emulate a DOS environment, whereas the aim of ScummVM is the complete rewrite of a specific game's engine. In most cases, ScummVM is noticeably easier to set up and use, and many glitches found in games can be corrected. However, the whole process of supporting a game is considerably harder than it is in DOSBox, since we practically rewrite the executable of a given game, a quite lengthy and difficult process, whereas the aim of DOSBox is to emulate the platform under which the original games ran under.

So in this case, it's not a case of DOSBox not knowing how to play a game properly, it's probably a case of incorrect game configuration.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BlackThunder wrote:I just wished that Dosbox knew how to play LoK Malcolms Revenge properly (or I did something wrong XD).
I played Malcolm's Revenge with DOSbox some time (must have been over a year) ago. It was a bit slow on the computer I had then (450 MHz P3), but I didn't notice any other problems with it.
clem

Post by clem »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
BlackThunder wrote:I just wished that Dosbox knew how to play LoK Malcolms Revenge properly (or I did something wrong XD).
I played Malcolm's Revenge with DOSbox some time (must have been over a year) ago. It was a bit slow on the computer I had then (450 MHz P3), but I didn't notice any other problems with it.
Similar situation here (worked fullspeed though). The only thing that could be a problem is the CD check. You have to explicitly mount the folder as a cd drive (even if you mount the actual CD I think!), else it will complain about lack of CD since DOSBox emulates it as a harddrive.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

BtT:

iUse ScummVM on:

* G3 iBook 800 Mhz
* G3 iMac 500 Mhz
* Intel Mac Mini CD 1.66 Ghz
* not on my Powerbook 1400 under OS 9.1
* Pentium 1 233 MHz MMX Notebook in Win 98
(older ScummVM Versions only, new ones run slow)

:D