SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Anotherguest wrote:The thing is that it will only scroll when having the mousebutton up, so tapping the screen will usually only try to select something.
No, it scrolls the screen for me just as well as the keys do. Well, at least in the *right* direction. The left one is hassle-free only with the keys :)
FreeSpirit

Post by FreeSpirit »

Ok, now with the latest svn build KyrandiaCD works fine but there is a small issue regarding Lure.I cannot use right menu key to select an action.It only opens the action dialogs and the pointer freezes there.With earlier version Lure did't have any problems and was playable but KyraCD had.Can this problem of Lure be corrected?

Also how I can change now to multitap mode.It seems the 0 key doesn't work well.

Thank you
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

FreeSpirit, it was 0+something. It's in the README, I promise.
By the way, knowing your phone model would be good too :)
FreeSpirit

Post by FreeSpirit »

Yes I know that is 0+something but no combination works.
I am using a N95 Nokia phone.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

LURE is a problem with this version, it seems like the screen updating when pressing the control key(now green key, which toggles control mode, beofre it WAS '0' key) is not working, and the screen stays black some how. I think this is a SDL problem, so I have to figure that out. use the 0.11.0 for Lure.
goetz

ScummVM_080130 and E51

Post by goetz »

Just got my new Nokia E51 and it seems to be an ideal device for ScummVM (at least the old scumm games). The new features of ScummVM_080130 seem to work fine and I had no problems with the green control key -- no black screens at all, just some flickering.

With its fast CPU the E51 seems to support even games like Dott or Sam&Max at full speed in full screen mode. What was known as the "infamous vertical scroll bug" is now smooth scrolling with a speed comparable to the game on a home computer. Of course on the E51, the ScummVm fast mode is really fast and for impatient people only. ;)

So far I have found nothing bad in this release. Keep up the good work!

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The thing is that I removed the VGA scaling support from the 320x200/240 rendering, and all that checking was also slowing the older games down. So I'm planning a more simple path for VGA which should not slow down the lower resolutions.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Never clear a screen with black colour when it can be drawn with a game screen instead. Very important in lure, since lure does not redraw the screen all of the time when waiting for input.

So S60v3 flickering is almost gone when using the control key.

Also has been tweaking the icon, so I got a svg icon which I can use, not the best looking right now, but it seems like S60 has some issues with curves.. to much of them that is.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Anotherguest wrote:... seems like S60 has some issues with curves.. to much of them that is.
So, no women in S60? ;)
onesandzeroes

Post by onesandzeroes »

One odd issue on upgrading from 0.10.0 was that my (default) savegame path was lost - easy to fix though, obviously.

On a positive, the key mapping seems to work where it didn't before. Thanks!
onesandzeroes

Post by onesandzeroes »

I'm noticing odd crashes in DOTT and Sam & Max. MI1 seems OK, but I can't be absolutely sure.

I get a few minutes of gameplay, then a simple exit to standby.

In some cases before the program quits, I notice that the characters will move to where I point, as if there are false (left-)clicks occurring.

Has anyone else experienced this? Dang, that volume control is great...!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi!
There are new SVN builds for S60v3 and UIQ3 now available at
http://anotherguest.k0.se/scummvm.php
onesandzeroes

Post by onesandzeroes »

Thanks!

By the way (because I've not installed yet), are the green key/volume control features in 0.11.1?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think they are yes.. Not sure of all the bits and pieces of the SDL in the 0.11.1 release
onesandzeroes

Post by onesandzeroes »

I'll try 0.11.1 first, then the new SVN, and report back.