LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Laserschwert wrote:I've only started on "Maniac Mansion", so right now there's just the kids and the house cleaned up. HERE's a little sample of the quality I'm at right now. The face in the sky needs a lot of work, and there's yet a lot of dirt and scratches to be cleaned up, so that'll still take a while.
Mr. Banana attacks us again. I hope the doesn't start to dance :cry:
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Fixed.

Plus, I've added the logo-less "Fate of Atlantis"-poster to the opening post.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Looking great!
I really like it
they obviously managed to get the scans to you from over at cgw.vintagegaming and the outcome looks great :)

Also the Maniac Mansion poster is looking awesome too, cant wait to see that one :)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Laserschwert, thanks a lot. Do you accept donations? :)
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Ah, forget the donations, I'm just doing it for fun ;)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Actually Laserschwert, is there any chance you could give a little info as to what you made the logoless foa poster from?
did you use the entire advert? did you use parts of the original poster? Just out of curiosity really.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Actually I've used mainly the original poster. I've added the completely denoised advert to the parts of the Indy-logo and the subtitle (plus some soft edge to blend in better), and color corrected it to match the poster. Then I've added several textures to mimic the grainy canvas of the original, and put the denoised and color-corrected version of the complete artwork (from the advert) on top of all of it, with the transfer-mode set to "color". By this I've ensured that the complete poster had the same coloring going on. There was some tinkering here and there (using the smudge-pen to move some parts that didn't align properly), and that was it.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

excellent, I was just asking because the whole project intrigued me. It came out looking great! definately much much nicer than what I managed to do, no nasty edges etc.

Thanks
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Is there a chance anybody can scan their copy of the dig?
Ive noticed that the mojoarts scan is missing quite a large amount of detail from the astronauts suits. I think its due to the noise reduction they used on the original image.

Thanks
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

So, something really strange happened to me this Saturday. I'm at the train station to visit my parents over the weekend, giving the station's book-store a visit, looking for the current "Indy 4"-themed issue of "Empire" (they have a lot of international magazines there)... didn't get it though. What I DID find was this:

I thought, "Hey, they have the artwork with the bread intact, nice!", so I bought it.

Upon closer inspection I got REALLY surprised, because that thing is actually MY POSTER! With all the defects and give-aways (especially the pillar on the right, which I've copied over from the left side to get rid of the "Mindbenders"-subtitle). So, they've taken my poster-job, and got rid of the Zak-title, and fixed the bread. I can't really complain, and I'm planning on sending them a thank-you-letter for helping me with the poster :D (oh, and I'm gonna ask them for the PSD-file of the thing, so that I don't have to deal with the lower-quality print).
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

totally cool:)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Maybe its just me being overly picky but the bread looks a litte long, I compared it briefly to the tiny version of the logoless image and its nearly perfect, perhaps you can fix that?

This is the image I was looking at
http://home.nikocity.de/claret/zak1.JPG
clem

Post by clem »

About the Sam and Max poster:

I looked at the windows CD re-release and it contained the instruction booklet as pdf - the front page is similar to the poster, but the borders go further. I also added a closeup so you see the resolution it is in.

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... ammax1.png
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... ammax2.png

(note the flag on top, and the sky above the dino); on the other hand, there is quite a bit missing on the right and left

nevermind the white text, that's just vectorized stuff superimposed over the image

not sure if that helps you, but I thought I'd just post it
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:I looked at the windows CD re-release and it contained the instruction booklet as pdf - the front page is similar to the poster, but the borders go further. I also added a closeup so you see the resolution it is in.

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... ammax1.png
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... ammax2.png

(note the flag on top, and the sky above the dino); on the other hand, there is quite a bit missing on the right and left
That image is also included in the recently re-released Surfin' the Highway comic book. I assume the book has the uncropped version. You can see the entire jackalope and the golf flag. The top and bottom are the same as in yours.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Yeah, I already have a scan of the HTR-artwork in "Surfin' the Highway". But as soon as my copy arrived, I'll do a better scan of it.