Saving games on ipod touch

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AndreasvanHaren

Saving games on ipod touch

Post by AndreasvanHaren »

I transfered all my original lucas games to my ipod touch and with the help of Scumm, they all work! I played them when I was young and revisiting them again is really great. Only, the saving doesn't seem to work. In the Scummvm program, I have set the autosave to 5 minutes and set the path for autosave, but when I exit the game and open it again, I have to start all over.

Anyone has suggestions?

André
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Please don't crosspost, I've deleted your other duplicate post in General Discussion
AndreasvanHaren

Just now while playing the game, I got the error message Could not save to file (I believe it was:) atlantis.00

This probably means that it an not do an auto save, but why? I gave to paths in my /user directory.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Did you create any paths (for ScummVM) manually, via SSH? Which firmware are you using? Which firmware did you use when you first installed ScummVM?
AndreasvanHaren

no, I set the path with scummvm itself. I played ij4 for a while now and I didn't get that error anymore, so maybe it did do the auto save npw every 5 minutes. Still, when I reopen the game, it's starts from the beginning. Is there a way to open, save and quit somehow?
AndreasvanHaren

Just now, during the movie intro of indiana jones 4, I clickded with 2 fingers on the screen and I got a complete load/save menu from Scumvm itself, looked great! But... I cannot get it back again, I have no idea how I got this. Is there a system to get this menu? I know now about the loadgame/savegame option by pressing % which brings up a dosscreen, but that isn't so very practical because I don't know the names of the saved games, nor the format in which to save them. So, how do I get that perfect save game screen from Scummvm back?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

AndreasvanHaren

THanks a lot! This works like a charm.

ANdré
riapa

Post by riapa »

Hi!

I've an iPod Touch 2.0 with ScummVM 0.12.0pre.
I've uploaded the Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island 2 trough WinSCP to /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/ScummVM. The games run at 100% but I can't save. Another strange thing too, is that all the games don´t stay in the list and the settings from ScummVM that I eventually change, don't get saved.
For example, if I set up the autosave to "Never", when I quit and relaunch ScummVM, the autosave is in the default value of 5minutes and the game list is empty.

Why can't I save the games and ScummVM settings?
Thanks.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

riapa wrote:Hi!

I've an iPod Touch 2.0 with ScummVM 0.12.0pre.
I've uploaded the Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island 2 trough WinSCP to /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/ScummVM. The games run at 100% but I can't save. Another strange thing too, is that all the games don´t stay in the list and the settings from ScummVM that I eventually change, don't get saved.
For example, if I set up the autosave to "Never", when I quit and relaunch ScummVM, the autosave is in the default value of 5minutes and the game list is empty.

Why can't I save the games and ScummVM settings?
Thanks.
Check that the /var/mobile/Library/ScummVM folder and subfiles/folders are writable by the 'mobile' user.
riapa

Post by riapa »

chown mobile -R /var/mobile/Library/ScummVM

Fixed :D