Liesure Suit Larry Compatible?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

severed
Got a warning

Liesure Suit Larry Compatible?

Post by severed »

i did a search and it seems some people can get it to work but it depends on your version? my ScummVM DS wouldnt find it though :cry:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Liesure Suit Larry Compatible?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

severed wrote:i did a search and it seems some people can get it to work but it depends on your version? my ScummVM DS wouldnt find it though :cry:
I don't know about the Nintendo DS port of ScummVM, but generally speaking the original AGI version of Leisure Suit Larry 1 (the one that looks like this) is supported. The sequels and the VGA remake (which looks like this) use a different game engine, and do not work at all in ScummVM.
severed
Got a warning

Post by severed »

woooooow.... lol thanks for the info. i got the old version to work but that one SUCKS!!!!! lol i want the new engine ones, its still cool havin it on my ds though 8)
clem

Post by clem »

severed wrote:woooooow.... lol thanks for the info. i got the old version to work but that one SUCKS!!!!!
why did you buy it then?
severed
Got a warning

Post by severed »

it came in a package of all 6 games and the original?
my uncle gave it to me like 15 years ago
Woolun

Post by Woolun »

So does this mean i will never get to play love for sail again booooooo

Will scumm ever be able to play the larry 6 and 7 games????
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Woolun wrote:So does this mean i will never get to play love for sail again booooooo

Will scumm ever be able to play the larry 6 and 7 games????
"Never" is a very long word, but both those games use the SCI engine, and there's the FreeSCI project for that. According to their FAQ, they're currently focusing on SCI0 and SCI01 (and SCI1 before the next stable version?) so support for Larry 6 and 7 is presumably still far away.
Woolun

Post by Woolun »

boooo i really wana play this game again, spent the whole day yesterday trying to get it to work.. tried dosbox and freesci.. pls scumm let larry on your emulator
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

It is likely that someday, either FreeSCI or ScummVM will support LSL 6 & 7. But regardless who does it, it will be a *lot* of hard and difficult work to do so. So don't hold your breath on it, sorry.
Woolun

Post by Woolun »

Darn i wanted those games on my mobile soooooo badly, such a shame i can't get em to work on my mac with dosbox or freesci, if anyone knows how to get it to run on an intel driven macbook i'd be so happy, but i would need step by step instructions lol im such a noob lol