ScummWiiM ( Wii ScummVM Channel )

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

T4!f00N wrote: Enjoy and reply :D
And now I hope this could be possible with ScummWiiM.
So, when you are going to start your ScummVM Wii port? Pleasem tell us, tell us!

Eugene
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Let's not forget that that presentation was the 2nd time they managed to get their hack to work, and that they said they would need some time to cleanup everything etc., *then* they could release it.
So, it's not yet available to the public and hence nobody will be able to work on "ScummVM for Wii". Once they made a Linux distro or so available, things might change. At that moment, volunteers who own a Wii are welcome to work on a port. Or donate a Wii to one of the existing devs? :)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Im not sure that you guys know but there IS a GameCube port of SCUMMvm that is 100% compatible with the Wii via an SD card adaptor.. The thread on this site is here http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=105 .

We've been following the cracking on the Wii of my forum and as soon as they port a Linux to the Wii then a proper Wii port would be fairly easy seeing as the GCube version above is just the Linux version ported over :D
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Im not sure that you guys know but there IS a GameCube port of SCUMMvm
We still would really like to have it official.

Eugene
atariangamer

Post by atariangamer »

Not to be a bug, but do all consoles need mod chips for running homebrew games? My Wii is brand new, and I don't know a thing about electronics...so there is no way to make a comercially (but costless) useable wii channel hombrewed?
CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Im not sure that you guys know but there IS a GameCube port of SCUMMvm that is 100% compatible with the Wii via an SD card adaptor.. The thread on this site is here http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=105 .
It's really only 50% compatible with the Wii. It runs in Gamecube mode instead of Wii mode, meaning you can't use the WiiMote or a keyboard, and the only input option is a gamecube controller.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Its not ideal but it runs great and is certainly better than nothing! :D I hope for an official Wii version when proper Wii, rather than GameCube, homebrew is up and running because the Wiimote is made for SCUMMvm 8) Zak and Wiki is a great example :)
Not to be a bug, but do all consoles need mod chips for running homebrew games? My Wii is brand new, and I don't know a thing about electronics...so there is no way to make a comercially (but costless) useable wii channel hombrewed?
With the Media Launcher (the latest version) from Datel you can indeed play homebrew (via GameCube) mode on an unchipped Wii :D
atariangamer

Post by atariangamer »

yeah, I got the impression from the description, but I'm talking about Wii homebrew. Even though all homebrew available for Wii is GC stuff...will I be able to download (in the future) a Wii channel from the Internet that will let me play SCUMMVM on an unmodded Wii? This is about a SCUMMVM Channel, right? So far, homebrew hasn't got very far on wii, and if it does, will everything need modchips?
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

At the moment modchips are needed for the Wii homebrew hack (still WIP) :roll:

In an ideal world Nintendo would release a proper SCUMMvm channel but as for the homebrew scene developing one that will actually appear as a Channel only time will tell...
ascummyguy

Post by ascummyguy »

Thanks to the Twilight Princess exploit, modchips are no longer required for homebrew. The first Wii Homebrew Channel has been demoed (they're creating a custom icon for it at the moment, as it's currently using the Mii channel icon). Although Wii remote support is currently at a minimum, it would be a prime time for somebody to get started on a proper port.

Wii Homebrew Dev Wiki:
www.wiibrew.org

Wii Homebrew Channel video:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1160910/w ... w_channel/
Last edited by ascummyguy on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

You even don't need adapters and such, just the Zelda TP game and a SD card.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Its very early days and scummVM doesnt seem to work as an .elf :( I know for a fact other (non Twilight) hacks are very near completion so fingers crossed and watch this space :D
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

The Madventurer wrote:You even don't need adapters and such, just the Zelda TP game and a SD card.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack
There are a few people in the Wii homebrew scene working on a Wii port of ScummVM (rather then the existing GC port).

Things seem to be progressing well. I guess time will tell if any of the efforts get to a usable state. I have high hopes however for a Wii port soon. I started my own Wii port but I have not got very far and other projects are sapping my time.
chrisis

unofficial version for testing released

Post by chrisis »

dhewg has released an unofficial version of scummvm for wii! it can be downloaded at the wiibrew wiki http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Home ... ps/ScummVM
release info etc. can be found there.
ExultDominus

Post by ExultDominus »

I'm going to try this out the next few days. Thanks for the notice.