Can't take up things or enter Rooms (Monkey Island 1 and 2)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Winston Smith

Can't take up things or enter Rooms (Monkey Island 1 and 2)

Post by Winston Smith »

Hello everybody!

I have a big problem with the mouse-control of MI 1/2. First, I have to admit, that i'm using scumm on my N70-mobile phone. The installation worked well, the starting process worked well - i can talk to other charakters and walk to other playces - but for example:

when i'm trying to enter the scumm bar in monkey island 1 (i place the coursor on the door and use it), the door opens - and then, when i'm trying to enter the room (by klicking again), the door simply closes. i tried the same thing on my pc - there it works perfectly: a click - the door opens, another click - i'm inside the bar. i've tried it 100 times, but the result is allways the same: the door opens and - with the next klick - closes again. i also tried to use every button (i'm from germany, therefore i only knew the german names of them - hope i translate them right...) like "use", "push", "go there" and so on.... nothing works.

so i quit playing MI 1 without realy having started and tried mi 2 - and there - after 10 minutes without problems (well... maybe i simply didn't recocnize it in this time) - the same problem. For example: there's paper on the floor in wallys room - if i try to take it up, guybrush only tells me what it looks like ("some paper on the floor") - even if i use the "take" button before klicking on it - he only "looks" at it... Trying the same thing, with exactly the same actions on my pc worked out very well and without any problems (guybrush simply takes up the paper).

with this problems, its impossible to play mi 1/2 - because i can't enter rooms or take up things that i need. what is wrong with the game?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen:

Christian from Germany
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Can't take up things or enter Rooms (Monkey Island 1 and

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Winston Smith wrote: when i'm trying to enter the scumm bar in monkey island 1 (i place the coursor on the door and use it), the door opens - and then, when i'm trying to enter the room (by klicking again), the door simply closes.
Isn't that what would happen if the game thinks you're clicking with the right mouse button instead of the left? I have no idea what that translates to in the WinCE version, though.
Winston Smith

Post by Winston Smith »

thanks for the reply - in the meantime i've tried to solve the problem on my own - and well... i succeeded ^^. in fact it was quite simple... the problem is, that "using" something doesn't work with the center-joystick - you must use another button (which is quite strange, but true). well... to help people with the same problem in the future, i've made a picture which discribes the control-setting in monkey island 1 for the n70.

MfG Christian
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

But there's a keymapper function built into the Symbian version of ScummVM! You can redefine any key of your mobile to do whatever you want it to do. Well, within the program's functions, naturally.