PS2: ScummVM 0.8.0 RC3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

barf

Post by barf »

SilverBlade wrote:
Partitions to me have fixed size, folders do not.
First of all, you can resize partitions using dms format tool.

Secondly, I really dont get your point. You're gonna have to have your scumm files on a partition anyway, that, as you say, has a "fixed" size.

My scumm game collection takes up around 3440 mb's of space. Therefore I've made a 3500 MB ScummVM partition. Since your'e not gonna delete or move any scumm files, reencode sound ect on the PS2, I really dont see the big deal.
I would really like to have one 120GB partition for homebrew.
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

It doesn't really matter, I can make ScummVM look for both, +homebrew and +scummvm
barf

Post by barf »

lavosspawn wrote:It doesn't really matter, I can make ScummVM look for both, +homebrew and +scummvm
Superb!
MIK

Post by MIK »

it might be a great work, if you can handle it, to boot SCUMM completly from the HDD :)
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

Is it possible to optimize the caching and stuff? (like in Broken Sword and Monkey Island 3) in Broken Sword it seems that the PS2 has to play the Music all time (ogg < 1MB stuff...) so that the speech jumps a little bit sometimes.
surferpr

:s its quiet... too quiet... GET DOWN!!!!!

Post by surferpr »

humm..... no posts..... BUMP!.... Lavoss no rush or anything just wanna know what ur up to. if you want if not whatever great work either way :D
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Hello
I have a problem with Scummvm. Indeed i downloaded this new version to use it with my hdd. So i created a partition with hdd tools called ScummVM and i copied all files inside. But when i launch scummvm.elf, i have a message which says "unable to locate cd...\IOMANX.IRX whereas he is in the partition (with USBD.irx and all files)
Someone can help me please ??
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

ScummVM currently doesn't support being booted from anything else but the cd; sorry about that.
It'll be fixed "soon".
I'm currently too busy with uni, christmas and stuff. -_-
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Thanks
And with HDLoader? If I use .bin files with hdloader?
Does it work?
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

No, won't work. Not sure why.
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

lavosspawn:
any possibility that comi will work better on cd/dvd in some of the next vesions of the ps2 port?

it would be realy nice if bs1 or bs2 run fine too
surferpr

I use the swaploit

Post by surferpr »

I use a mix of the hd loader and swaploit. if I start it it just asks for a file but if I put a original psone disc in the drive while in hdloader and swap the disk before executing the bin it runs fine. also I have the ps2 launcher memcard exploit installed so if I place all of the files in an usb stick and do the same it also runs without hdloader. Had o play around a little to get it to work. and it skips some cuts scenes in Full throttle (dunno why same disc runs great in win scummvm). anyway keep up the good work lavoss were all rooting for ya!
barf

Re: I use the swaploit

Post by barf »

surferpr wrote:I use a mix of the hd loader and swaploit. if I start it it just asks for a file but if I put a original psone disc in the drive while in hdloader and swap the disk before executing the bin it runs fine.
Please explain, can I
  • make a ScummVM image with CDGEN?
  • inject it with hdl_dump?
  • And it will look for the "ScummVM" partition on HDD?
surferpr

Ermmmm nop :(

Post by surferpr »

actualy barf you still need to swap a disc in the ps2 cddrive because for some reason it looks for a file in the cdfs. maybe Lavoss can fix that for us so that it looks for the file in a partition on the hdd :wink: you can load it from hdloader or toxic or direct from cd but you have to do a swap with an original ps2 or ps1 cdrom or dvd rom depending on what image u made. :roll:
SlyEcho

Problem

Post by SlyEcho »

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this but...

I can't get it working, all I get is the spinning ones and zeroes and then the spinning stops and nothing happens. The disc is still spinning in the drive.

I tried making a DVD+RW several times, I also performed full erase a few times in a row to make sure it can be read properly by the ps2 drive. But nothing worked. Even tried removing some of the games and deleting the .ini from my MC.

Then I figured I should just burn the .bin file that cdtools generates on a CD-R, 'cause you know, maybe I did the DVD wrong. But the CD-R didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong? I would really like to get it working.