Discworld

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Mark Roll of course, sorry and thanks for the correction :). Thanks folks, those are good hints, maybe it will help to track him down. I'll email MobyGames.
rippledingo

Post by rippledingo »

i am playing discworld 1 from the original disc at the moment and playing it on vista, granted i am not using scummvm to run it, but surly adding annother app. to play to game wont take away any of your loyalty, the game is a awsome and is def worth it!
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Primal Rage in 2008? That must be impossible, as just appears on that page and was added today. It must be an error, a remake of a Fighting game in 2008? And the last game of Teeny Weeny Games was on 1996.

Primal Rage appears everywhere as developed by Atari Games but not by Teeny Weeny Games.
clem

Post by clem »

The Madventurer wrote:Primal Rage in 2008? That must be impossible, as just appears on that page and was added today. It must be an error, a remake of a Fighting game in 2008? And the last game of Teeny Weeny Games was on 1996.
Yes, I wrote something to that effect about 3 posts above. Makes me wonder why a page like gets automatically updated with current date though.
majmuns

Post by majmuns »

I've just created a facebook group, which maybe a good place to place all the information on finding the last developer (lol, new title 'Mark Roll - The Last Developer').

Anyways, I felt like this could be a good idea to list postings, discussions etc, in trying to find Mr. Roll.

The url is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10792802349

If anyone wishes to be an officer, just ask. Hopefully, making this group can be of some help to finally getting Discworld a place on the ScummVM supported games list (also thanks to the ScummVM team, to there un-surpassed effort into supporting these great games).
clem

Post by clem »

majmuns wrote:I've just created a facebook group, which maybe a good place to place all the information on finding the last developer (lol, new title 'Mark Roll - The Last Developer').

Anyways, I felt like this could be a good idea to list postings, discussions etc, in trying to find Mr. Roll.

The url is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10792802349

If anyone wishes to be an officer, just ask. Hopefully, making this group can be of some help to finally getting Discworld a place on the ScummVM supported games list (also thanks to the ScummVM team, to there un-surpassed effort into supporting these great games).
What's the advantage, compared to using a wiki? No, I will not sign up with facebook for that.
majmuns

Post by majmuns »

clem wrote:What's the advantage, compared to using a wiki? No, I will not sign up with facebook for that.
No real advantage, just a different medium. I wasn't asking for you to sign up with Facebook, just simply trying to help. Additionally members here that are already Facebook members too, might find it useful (the old proverb 'every little bit helps' might suffice here).
Laurens

OK!

Post by Laurens »

I contacted John Young today, to see if he has contact details for the elusive Mark Roll. Mark doesn't work at Sony anymore, unfortunately, but... John has spoken to Mark about this a couple of days ago, and Mark was ok!

John will pass this (& other?) info along to the project in a couple of days, but he's been really busy, so he didn't get to it yet, and said I could pass this info along, so here it is. I'll post this to the dev-list too, as soon as the confirmation email gets through.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Your awesome!
Id managed to find out that Mark was no longer at SCEE Liverpool and had been promised that he would be informed but to hear that directly from John is great :)
Thanks
CRIKEY

Post by CRIKEY »

the anticipation is killing me
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You will inform you all, once something concrete happens. In the mean time, please just be patient. We waited several years, surely a few extra weeks won't hurt anybody :)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

The extra weeks just hit me in the voonerables :(
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Ahh, they just want to play, you know... Dogs that bark don't bite or so, they tell me... ;-)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

This dog is bitting when nobody expected it ;)
id1402

Download Discworld

Post by id1402 »

[LINK REMOVED]