Datafiles: Managing by clrmame

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xadox

Datafiles: Managing by clrmame

Post by xadox »

I am using clrmame over years now for managing my mame roms. So I was thinking why not using clrmame also for managing my ScummVM games?

Because I do not own all the different versions of the games (I only own most of the german ones), this has to be done by the community.

With the fitting ScummVM-datfile for clrmame it would be easyer to handle the needed datafiles ScummVM needs to run a game.

So how is the interest for such a "clrmame ScummVM-datfile"?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

PASSIGAR is your friend. I recommend to join the forces.

However, I personally see only one reason for creating such thing: it is creating sets of illegal downloads. Percentage of not needed files in the original game distribution is very small, and I do not quite understand questions of this kind, i.e. "what data files are needed?". My reply is "copy everything from your original media".

Eugene
Last edited by sev on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

I have seen this requested before. I think it never met much interest here because it would encourage the equivalent of "rom hunting" with people trying to download all available ScummVM supported versions.
xadox

Post by xadox »

sev wrote:...
My reply is "copy everything from your original media"
I have done so, and vacuum-packed the originals. Now all of the games I own are on 2 DVDs.

So I see it was a bad idea to ask for :(