Game help.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iconboy

Game help.

Post by iconboy »

Ok, i'm asking about the games that are in the downloads from this site, i use the search but still couldn't find anything.

I've looked at the files i need to use "lure of the temptress"and used the right ones, so anyway, i get the files onto my memeory stick for my psp, go to the scummVM when i run the game just goes back to my psp. any advice?

Cheers for the help :)
clem

Post by clem »

Have you tried it with ScummVM under Windows?
Lure of the Temptress also needs an additional file (LURE.DAT), probably ScummVM quits because it can't find it?

I don't have a psp so I don't know how to get the specific error message on that port.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

clem, it's already included in most of the non-Windows builds by default. In the PSP one as well, so it can't be that.
iconboy

Post by iconboy »

Thanks for the reply.

When ScummVM comes on the psp, i tried every platform for it but did the same thing, i even added the Lure.DAT file as said above, i've also tried Beneath the steel sky, do you think i need some sort of add-on?
clem

Post by clem »

iconboy wrote:When ScummVM comes on the psp, i tried every platform for it but did the same thing
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Did you try it under Windows? If you can't run LURE under windows because ScummVM suddenly quits, you might get a meaningful error message by running ScummVM from the command line. (see also FAQ 5.6)
iconboy

Post by iconboy »

Sorry, i meant yeah i did try Windows, and also DOS and the rest of them, it comes under platform on the psp thats why i said that.

Thanks i will take a look.
iconboy

Post by iconboy »

ScummVM crashes, but console window disappears too quick to see the error message.

To make it visible, you should run ScummVM from command line. To open a command prompt, open the Start Menu and select the 'Run' option. Under Windows NT/2000/XP, type 'cmd.exe' (no quotes) in the dialog box that shows up; under Windows 95/98/Me, type 'command.com' instead. If necessary, change to the proper drive first by typing 'D:' (where 'D' is the drive ScummVM is located). Change to ScummVM's directory by typing 'cd \your\path\to\scummvm' (substituting the appropriate path) and then type 'scummvm'.

That i can't do because it's on the psp and not windows =(
Don't worry, i tried for ages last night and read through the whole FAQ.

Thanks anyway.
clem

Post by clem »

You should NEVER manually change the platform setting in the game entry in ScummVM's GUI. Doing so will almost certainly cause a game to misbehave/crash.
iconboy

Post by iconboy »

When i first installed it, i just used default settings, i didn't touch anything then, but it still happened.

I've tried version's 0.10 and 0.11 now and they both do they the same thing.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Shouldn't this be in the PSP forum? There might be people there that might know more about getting it to run on the PSP.