Nokia 9300 / S80

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Newbee

hot-keys

Post by Newbee »

hi,

for playing the agi version of leisure suit larry 1: an <alt>-<x> would be nice. (the adult-check-backdoor)

in windows scummvm <alt>-<x> shut down, but <shift>-<alt>-<x> work fine.

the crash, i mentioned is:
Main, KERN-EXEC, 0 (everytime, i close scumm)

thanks a lot
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The crash at the end is not possible to get rid of due to the way that ScummVM works with filehandling. So thats how that story goes.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Gob games works fine but in the Gob3 the major problem is asking for the box colors ( I now it is for pirate protecting) but I don't have instruction everytime outside the home - so is there any chance to avoide it?

How can I implamate this list of button to my version? Copy to some file or something?

And the background is the last thing we used after we turn on the scummvm - when I go to telephon for example - and then I change to scummvm I see the toolbar and the thelephone menu under main window of scummvm - in the older version there was the black screen and that was good.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Vicious wrote:Gob games works fine but in the Gob3 the major problem is asking for the box colors ( I now it is for pirate protecting) but I don't have instruction everytime outside the home - so is there any chance to avoide it?
No. Copy protection for games cannot be bypassed unless we got explicit permission from the appropriate copyright holders for each game
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

hi,
is it possible to use f-keys?
larry 1 needs it.

while playing sam and max, there is no cursor shown. in windows version, i can see it. the cursor changes for function like use, look,...

thanks
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

About F buttons... Look at my post in page 3... Is the one topic we now discustig right now... Why You don't search ?!

About sam&max - i don't understand Your problem, because I have a normal cursor...Maybe change from joy to cursor... Or download another version.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think I was clearing with black now, when going back and forth. Might have compiled for the wrong target who knows.

*NOTE* I have uploaded a NEW version for S80! Same filename as before.
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

hi,

in larry 1(agi,ega-version) the f1 (help) and f2 (sound) keys don't work. the f6-key is not mapped (it writes an y)

why the s80 version doesn't work with the amiga (agi too) version of larry 1, the win32 version does.

thanks

@vicious: the sam & max problem i try again, when another version arrives. i don't understand, why sam and max, in windows version has a cursor and on nokia has not. cannot imagine, it depends on the game version, but i try.

i read your function keys text, but f1 and f2 did not work and i stopped trying.

so long.
Last edited by Newbee on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

YeAh!! The back screen now is black :) . But still i don't have a F6 button and other F# buttons are in bad combination. Where I can change this settings? THANK YOU Veeery much :D !
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I guess I have to test the key combinations. But at least screen scaling for 320x240 games should be ok in stretch mode now.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Newbee got a right... I don't know what happen.When I played in this game first time i HAD a cursor - but now when I'm turn on th sam&max game I don't see the mouse cursor.I will test it.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

I have tried to uinstall scummvm add install again, i have tried change screen, buttons options but it's still don't work ( I'm talking about Sam&Max mouse cursor) ... But I'm still assured that I saw a cursor when I'm turn this game first time... Tommorow I will test Larry I and I check this non-working buttons. But still I don't have F6 button ;)
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

In Larry F buttons WORKS !!! Newbee - check it better ! Alt+x combination doesn't work - and the questions are stupid :P !
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Ok I give up.I don't know why in Sam&Max we cannot see the cursor... Maybe AnotherGuest have any idea?

Tips for 9500 users - keep list of games clear.When You play in one game remove from the lise other-because scummvm works faster and the options error don't show.

AnotherGuest - one more question.Can I move faster the cursor? Because in Goblins 2 there is lots of place when I need speed and it's difficult to do it on main cursor of 9500.

Sorry for writing post one after another but I cannot edit post on my 9500 (I don't know why)
peterszky

Post by peterszky »

I use the old ScummVM on my 9300i. I get a crash in MI2 and Indy Fate of Atlantis. MI2: 2 places, when Guybrush goes underwater for the monkey head and on the cliffside on Booty, when Guybrush goes near the cliffside and the screen start to scroll (kern.exec).
Indy: traveling with the ballon or camel, reaches the edge of the map, and the screen start to scroll (kern.exec)

Now I will try it with the new build, thanks for it guys!