Can't get scummVM running on 3.71 m33, please help

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DonkeyMan

Can't get scummVM running on 3.71 m33, please help

Post by DonkeyMan »

I have a fat psp and try to get scummvm running. And NO I didn't download the games. I own all the lucasarts and sierra classics (and many other good adventures). Depressing, but I'm old enough to have bought them all when they got released.
I bought a PSP after I saw that scummvm is working on it and I downgraded my PSP to 1.50 and it worked perfectly fine there.
Patapon is the first and so far only PSP game that interests me and so I bought it (just a great game).
I upgraded to 3.71 m33 to be ablet do both. Now I can't get the scummvm to run and need help.

I'm running 3.71 m33 update 3 (with kernel 1.5 addon).

I tried the single boot version.

Every time I start the scummvm over my XMB it starts loading and then after a while it just jumps back onto the XMB.

I tried putting the scummvm in all game folders (GAME/GAME150/GAME371) still the same.

I changed my UMD ISO mode to normal, m33mode, sony9660 and the other one. Still the same.

I changed the "game folder homebrew" to 1.50 and stil the same.

I even triedrunning the 1.50 version of te scummVM and it just frezzes my PSP (I can't get that one running after 3.60 right?).

I'm really no expert on custom firmware, so what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I use the default XMB
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Did you try running the 1.50 eboots from the PSP/GAME150 directory?
DonkeyMan

Post by DonkeyMan »

I placed the contents of the 1.50-eboot folder (the two scummvm folders) in the GAME150 folder and started it from the XMB but it just froze on the psp logo screen and then the psp shut down.

I noticed that no matter how I setup the "game folder homebrew" (to 1.50 or 3.71) the same happens.

Isn't that the way to switch your psp to kernel 1.50 mode?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Hmm strange, it should work. How large is your memory stick? Have you tried a different (smaller) one?
DonkeyMan

Post by DonkeyMan »

I have a 2GB stick. That was the one it was working fine while I had FW 1.5 on my PSP.

I haven't tried a smaller one. I think I might have a smaller one somewhere around. I'll ckeck that.