save problems(and not the one you think)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scots_fifer

save problems(and not the one you think)

Post by scots_fifer »

Hello,been playing broken sword 1 on vista and had probs with the save option(cannot save to directory path) well i managed to splve that one and changed the save options to enable me to write.....so all was well and i was enjoying guiding georgy boy thru paris and saving when neccessary and saving when needed when all of a sudden i can now no longer access the menu options at all!!esc doesnt respond f5 doesnt respond.....no menu options at all!!tried uninstalling and re-installing twice now and still the same thing.....its not as if im trying to do something during a conversation or during an action.......just not getting any menu options at all......and its driving me nuts!!heeeelllpppp!!
clem

Post by clem »

does F5 work in other applications?

Do you have one of those funky multimedia keyboards? Mine makes it possible to have "office functions" on the F-keys when I push a button, so normal F5 doesn't get through to programs.
scots_fifer

Post by scots_fifer »

Yeah f5 works ok....you actually have to hold a button down on this keyboard for the secondary 'f' functions to work.........grrrrrrrrrrr this laptop is in danger of taking some unorthodox flying lessons!!
scots_fifer

Post by scots_fifer »

Ok update on this problem,got tired and too frustrated with bs1 so started playing bs2 as that brings a save option icon at top of tool bar......so went to save a game and hey guess what....i cant input any charachters on the save slot....so its whole keyboard thats not responding to these 2 games for some reason.....so im thinking something in the config settings or something maybe.......clutching at straws now.
I installed same game into gf's laptop and the keys work fine......tho i use vista and she uses xp so wouldnt at all be suprised if its a prob in vista itself.....as it seems to suck......big time!!
Apanathi

Post by Apanathi »

Hi!

I'm new...I have a problem with ScummVM!

It worked very good and I played DotT and enjoyed it :) I also saved the game a few times...
but when I started ScummVM today all my savegames were gone!?!! And I am not able to save some new games. There's always an error msg that ScummVM wasn't able to save.
I already reinstalled and put the save-path everywhere possible... nothing :(
Please .. someone help me!!!! I got the newest version 0.11.1 and Windows Vista!

Thank you a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really helpless :(
clem

Post by clem »

Apanathi wrote:It worked very good and I played DotT and enjoyed it :) I also saved the game a few times...
but when I started ScummVM today all my savegames were gone!?!! And I am not able to save some new games. There's always an error msg that ScummVM wasn't able to save.
I already reinstalled and put the save-path everywhere possible... nothing :(
Please .. someone help me!!!! I got the newest version 0.11.1 and Windows Vista!
Do you have write privileges to where ScummVM wants to save?

You probably installed ScummVM with administrator privileges, saved there - then tried re-running the games as a different user and it looked for the savegames in a different folder? (Does Vista work that way? I can only guess)
Apanathi

Post by Apanathi »

no ... I dunno :/

I clicked like crazy around and now it works again o_O
dunno what I exactly did :D

but thanks for helping ^^
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Vista: [Make image of User HD]
User: Start ScummVM
Vista: [Scrap User and go on with the image]
Vista: [Gather information about XP updates]
Vista: [Gather information about Vista updates and try to cover an unknown misbehaviour on the last command]
Vista: [Write protect a write protected system file]
User: Click
Vista: [Ignore User]
Vista: [Send text file of the image to M$ and give 25% of the system resources back to User]
User: "Yay, it works again!"