Elvira 1 Amiga Version keeps crashing

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

losparasitos

Elvira 1 Amiga Version keeps crashing

Post by losparasitos »

Hello All!

I tried to play the Amiga version of Elvira - Mistress of Dark. The game crashes always when you go into the castle and the Captain of Guards talks to you.

On Linux I get this error (windows client just crashes):

Code: Select all

scummvm&#58; ./sound/mods/paula.h&#58;108&#58; void Audio&#58;&#58;Paula&#58;&#58;setChannelData&#40;uint8, const int8*, const int8*, uint32, uint32, int32&#41;&#58; Assertion `0 <= offset && offset < 32768' failed.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
(Scummvm0.11.0)
losparasitos

Post by losparasitos »

Found some errors using scummvm -d9

Code: Select all

File 333.out not found
File 393.out not found
File 723.out not found
File 383.out not found
I had to use the Version from the Tosec Collection because my discs got erased/broken by magnetism...
clem

Post by clem »

losparasitos wrote: I had to use the Version from the Tosec Collection because my discs got erased/broken by magnetism...
In that case I guess forum rule #0 applies? (I doubt that has been freewared)
losparasitos

Post by losparasitos »

Providing support for obviously "warezed" versions of games could create the impression that ScummVM promotes copyright violations.
Okay than iam sorry for asking but the version I used worked in Vice so I guessed it could be a bug with Scummvm and the Amiga Version of Elvira1 in general.Maybe someone can tell if the Amiga Version works or doesn`t.

EDIT:
Well i`ve read the backside of the game manual (freely translated from german to english):
Would you like to create a Backup?
Sure you don`t want that your original discs get broken, so please backup your game. Contact your computer manual for instructions to do so.

Accolade grants a 90 day warranty on the discs...
So if iam right I may use a copy of Elvira1 if I do not bypass the copyprotection or am I totally wrong?
clem

Post by clem »

losparasitos wrote:So if iam right I may use a copy of Elvira1 if I do not bypass the copyprotection or am I totally wrong?
I think it means you have to make the backups of your own media yourself before they break, not download them afterwards off the net.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer.
losparasitos

Post by losparasitos »

You`re right but what one has to concider is that the typical lifespan of a floppy-disk is 5 years up to 30 if stored in anti-magnetic plastic-case not to hot/could/dusty/smokey. I even got my disks in an anti magnetic plastic bag (last 5 years).

I think I contact the Adventuresoft support and ask them.

Does someone know a contact address?
The mail and database server currently does not work!
losparasitos

still need support - can someone please verify my md5sums?

Post by losparasitos »

I was not able to contact someone from Adventure Soft but I got my self a new copy on eb*y. I still get the Errors I mentioned above, I found out that the so called 'missing files' do not exist at least not on my german Elvira1 Disks.

I think I will open a ticket in the Bugtracker because I might have a hint where the error occures.

Can some please verify the md5sums of my copy of german Elvira - Mistress of the Dark?
Full Text
ADF Images
DISK1
DISK2
DISK3
DISK4
DISK5

EDIT1:
Created a Ticket in the Bugtracker!