Lucasarts posters

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Sorry a lot, I confused cropping with stretching. I see cropping means cutting the image. It's OK then if not deletes important part of the original image :)

It's OK to use a compressed format but I think lossy is not good for long term. It could be great it you provide TIFF/PNG files instead JPG because those are the standard in proffesional printing and such. Sorry if I look annoying, I'm obssesed too with lossless formats (I like to use FLAC for audio, for example).

Do you consider to do posters of more adventure games? What about ones that aren't from Lucas Arts? Sierra On-Line, Revolution Software, Adventure Soft...

The images aren't really showed there as I see the ugly logo of ImageBanana instead. It could be nice if you are able to use another image hosting and specially one without bananas involved or monkeys will attack us!

Some of the posters aren't still on Adventure-Treff.de but take your time. I'm even downloading the remaining ones from WaitingShare so no problem.

Your work is amazing, I'll show in my computer-room and bedroom all my love to adventure games thanks to you :)
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

That B-version of the Star Wars poster is brilliant, I love it.

I, too, only see an imagebanana logo for the preview, though. It seems they tire of your hotlinking.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

That's strange though... it's still working for me, and I use it on other forums as well (without any problems).
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

works fine for me...

god, you're brilliant LaserSchwerts!:)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im currently trying to paint out the Indiana Jones 'and the Fate of Atlantis' text from the indy poster. so far i've been able to clone out everything except Indiana Jones pretty accurately. http://home.comcast.net/~ervind/indyfoa.html I've been able to use that as a guide but its not good enough quality to help.

If anyone could scan either this advert or their fate of atlantis box i'd love to see if I can accurately 'clean' up this image.

next thing would be for me to get hold of a scan of the dig adventurer magazine and the audiobook cover so I can add the fourth character back in to the poster.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

OK, ive been able to clone out most of the text so far, i'd be interested if anyone knows of a way I could recreate the rays of light breaking the water surface from the top corner?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

What's the problem with the ad? I's say it's hi-res enough to use it...

Although, I don't know which size you're aiming at ;)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im aiming to clear up the parts on your poster, I cant scale the advert to a decent size without it looking odd next to the poster artwork. Im thinking the best idea is to use the advert as a guide to attempt to clone the light as best I can from whats available on the poster already.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I'll try and get a copy up tonight maybe someone can give some tips.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

image is here
http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/n8yd8mj ... ysmall.jpg
its not nearly finished yet and I apologise for the mess in certain spots, Its all layered so its no problem to remove.
Im only posting because im done for tonight.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Last edited by sanguinehearts on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Oh, I see. Not too bad I must say.

Cleaning up the big poster is very hard... that one is of course a scan of the real thing, and it's already poster-size at 300dpi. For my other posters it was OK to use relatively low-res artworks to touch up certain parts, since they weren't THAT hi-res to start with.

Still, you can always just use the light-rays from the low-res ad, and overlay some of the texture from the hi-res poster to make it at least match in terms of texutre and detail.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Laserschwert wrote:
Still, you can always just use the light-rays from the low-res ad, and overlay some of the texture from the hi-res poster to make it at least match in terms of texutre and detail.
I think thats going to be my best bet, currently I have just put the light rays over the image and adjusted the opacity so they blend a little.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Its looking a little better, I'll keep chipping away at it, trying to make it better, the hardest part now for me is to try and keep the lighting right, especially on the left side where it appears lighter at the top than the bottom, the blending is the difficult bit :)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

if anyone is interested then this is where I have got to so far.
http://rapidshare.com/files/93457770/Fa ... 1.zip.html
obviously the light rays still need lots of work
but I'd appreciate any feedback, faults or parts that look crap.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

sanguinehearts wrote:if anyone is interested then this is where I have got to so far.
http://rapidshare.com/files/93457770/Fa ... 1.zip.html
obviously the light rays still need lots of work
but I'd appreciate any feedback, faults or parts that look crap.
It looks pretty good I think, though I like the colors better on the one Laserschwert did. But since you're still working on it I guess that's something to fix later on.