Sometimes it is interesting to look at svn commits...

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Mohawk? I've not heard of that before
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

does this mean ScummVM will support userdefined plug-ins in the same manner as FireFox?
clem

Post by clem »

Jonatan wrote:does this mean ScummVM will support userdefined plug-ins in the same manner as FireFox?
No, as far as I know the plugin system currently in the works will allow to load/unload engines on the fly. (try ./configure --help when compiling to see that option there)

This will be especially useful for devices with little memory (Nintendo DS?), where otherwise a different ScummVM build would be needed for each engine.

No idea about "mohawk," though.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Sometimes it is interesting to look at svn commits...

Post by sev »

You weren't attentive enough. Some time ago I accidentally committed much wider list of unsupported engines. If you google, you will find things like tinsel, kom, t7gre.

Eugene
Del

Post by Del »

Mohawk is the Riven engine.

As far as I can tell, there's been some discussion between the Riven X project and the ScummVM project about collaboration, but not sure how it panned out.

See this Mailing list thread from rivenx-devel

Anyway that's all Google is saying :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

It's not a user defined plugin, rather a work in progress engine, which is, as mentioned, aimed in running Myst and Riven, but it's still in alpha stage.

There are, of course, many in progress engines which have not yet been announced yet for various reasons (i.e. they are not in any usable state or for other specific reasons). This is an active project, so it's natural that there is work done on several new game engines, which are in various states.

You'll be sure to know when a new engine is finished and mature enough to be used via a suitable announcement, we don't keep anything secret :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

md5 wrote:This is an active project
"Active" in a broad sense of the term ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

clone2727 wrote:
:? ?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

that was uncalled for, haha:)
clem

Post by clem »

He probably didn't mean to refer to ScummVM as a whole but to the "active" in a broad sense of the term regarding uncommitted engines.

I think I saw a ScummVM launcher screenshot with an entry for Innocent until Caught 3 yrs ago, so yes, I'd agree... some (sub-)projects are active in a very broad sense :)

(Hoping to not stepping on anyone's toes here)
Last edited by clem on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

md5 wrote:
clone2727 wrote:
:? ?
I meant Mohawk development (not ScummVM) :P

(Sorry for any confusion) :oops:
NLS

Post by NLS »

slourp
slourp
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Any news about this? What about Riven-X and that possible merge?

What's that "ill" engine? I can do stupid jokes about the name, but I'm now too tired for that ;)

What about a future blog explaining about the progress of those and other WIP engines and merged into the upcoming "Planet ScummVM" family? Or those will be "TOP SECRET" until they are in a "mergeable" status?

What about KoM and CoE? :)

Sorry for the police questioning, that's all and thanks a lot for this project.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I'll try to answer some of your questions, but ultimately the people who can give more definite answers are sev and fingolfin.
The Madventurer wrote:Any news about this? What about Riven-X and that possible merge?
Currently, there are no news on mohawk
The Madventurer wrote:What about a future blog explaining about the progress of those and other WIP engines and merged into the upcoming "Planet ScummVM" family? Or those will be "TOP SECRET" until they are in a "mergeable" status?
Probably the latter :) But it really depends on the situation
The Madventurer wrote: What about KoM and CoE? :)
As far as I know, KoM will be added when salty-horse feels it's in a good enough state. As for Curse of Enchantia, it used to be in a very early stage last time I read about it.
The Madventurer wrote: Sorry for the police questioning, that's all and thanks a lot for this project.
You're welcome :)

P.S. You forgot to ask about groovie, scummvmsci, tsage and dgds ;)
http://darcs.jvprat.com/