Revert to .SOU from .SO3 / .SOG

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Empyrean

Revert to .SOU from .SO3 / .SOG

Post by Empyrean »

I have compressed my Sam and Max Monster.sou file to Monster.sog (I also have a backup of it in .SO3 format). I plan on using ScummVM DS for my Nintendo DS, though that requires the original .SOU file.

My question is, in essence, a two-part one: a) Is it possible to decompress the OGG / MP3 compressed Monster file?
b) If so, how would one go about doing this?
Jimbob

Re: Revert to .SOU from .SO3 / .SOG

Post by Jimbob »

Empyrean wrote:I have compressed my Sam and Max Monster.sou file to Monster.sog (I also have a backup of it in .SO3 format). I plan on using ScummVM DS for my Nintendo DS, though that requires the original .SOU file.

My question is, in essence, a two-part one: a) Is it possible to decompress the OGG / MP3 compressed Monster file?
b) If so, how would one go about doing this?
As far as I know there is no way to decompress the MONSTER.SOG (or .SO3) files. Just copy the original MONSTER.SOU from the CD.

Jimbob
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Empyrean wrote:Is it possible to decompress the OGG / MP3 compressed Monster file?
And don't even ask for thi feature to be implemented. That will ease life of the pirates.

Eugene
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

sev wrote:
Empyrean wrote:Is it possible to decompress the OGG / MP3 compressed Monster file?
And don't even ask for thi feature to be implemented. That will ease life of the pirates.

Eugene
Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Jimbob
Empyrean

Post by Empyrean »

Hehe, thanks guys.

Nah, I wasn't gonna ask for implementation, though it would've made my life easier. Now I have to go digging for me old game CDs! Last time I did that, I found Dune 2 and couldn't get off it for a week!